10+ year member

RANDOM DUDE
Rado Il
Here is what i need...

Bluetooth

SiriusXM

3sets of RCAs (prefer high voltage)

CD player

Touchscreen (would be nice but not necessary)

Pandora app

Crossovers (would like the ability to run full active)

I have most of the parts to put a stereo in my car and planned to use the factory deck with a Audio Control LCQ1 but the more i think about it replacing the deck might be the best option. This is going in a 2013 Chevy Sonic.

I have no idea what is available and hope you folks can make some suggestions to help narrow my search.

THANKS!

The best part of the HU I have in my sig, is that you can use a SD card. 16gig sd holds a ton of music, no more cd's.

Here is what i need...
Bluetooth

SiriusXM

3sets of RCAs (prefer high voltage)

CD player

Touchscreen (would be nice but not necessary)

Pandora app

Crossovers (would like the ability to run full active)

I have most of the parts to put a stereo in my car and planned to use the factory deck with a Audio Control LCQ1 but the more i think about it replacing the deck might be the best option. This is going in a 2013 Chevy Sonic.

I have no idea what is available and hope you folks can make some suggestions to help narrow my search.

THANKS!
The last one is going to get you every time. Haven't seen a double-din in a while that had active xovers. Everything else, though, would definitely be covered by the 8400 and it's treated me extremely well so far. As for active crossovers, you could consider getting an amp with a good set of crossovers, like the PPI Black Ice or Phantom series or even the Soundstream Tarantula Nanos.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

What budget did you set for the HU?

only double din deck that can be ran active is the clarion nx702
Now why'd you have to go and show me that, Jim. I needed to see this last October when I bought the Pio. I hate you.

12US_SHB_NX702_main.jpg

That's what he's talking about, OP

[quote name='mylows10']i think it does and has time alignment as well[/QUOTE]

Well, there you go OP. It's $670 on Sonic, but see if someone like @mylows10 ; or @trumpet ; can get one for you instead.

i can get these to

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

[quote name='neo_styles']Well, there you go OP. It's $670 on Sonic, but see if someone like @mylows10 ; or @trumpet ; can get one for you instead.[/QUOTE]

i could have it on the way tomorrow if you like

The only downside to the clarion nx702 is the crossover slope for the high, which is only 12db/octave. Most people prefer a steeper slope for the tweets.

That Clarion is super nice!

But i would really like something that has a slot for the CD that doesnt have a flip down face. I guess i could deal with the flip face but would prefer to not have it. Not even sure if it is possible to get a nice deck that doesnt have the flip face?

The SD card slot is nothing i care about. I have 16g of music on my phone so i dont really need it or want to mess with loading more music onto something else.

Also, it would be nice if it had a 3.5 aux input. Doesnt have to be on the front but i really want a aux input.

Budget...$400-500 would be nice but i can swing a little more if i find exactly what i need.

BTW...do all the decks require a add on module for XM? Can i use the factory antenna that is on my car for the XM? The car has XM so i know the antenna is capable but dont know about connecting it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.