No power to my head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Malcolmm

Canada
I dunno whats up here, my stereo started cutting off and on back in July. It was turning back on right away but has gotten longer time periods of it not even turning on at all now. Getting a bit frustrated and don't know what to replace anymore. My kids love the stereo in the truck and I do spend quite a bit of time on the road. Don't want to take it in just yet to pay a hefty hourly charge to be told something is toast either. I've ran over as much electrical as I can and have pulled the deck twice to ensure all of the wiring is secure. Been over the trucks fuses as well, but absolutely no luck.

Yeah harness all looks good mind you the dude I had install it seemed quite "quick". I really can't see the deck as fried, when it did come back on and I reset everything then when I got my volume up it would quickly shut off again, I'm not impressed that my amp is screwed to the upholstery behind the back seat! Just wondering deck, a use, or amp seen its day?

sounds like the headunit is done. dont bother paying someone to install a new one, they are super easy to install, if you can pull it out then you can put a new one in! what are you using the amp for? sub stage or door/deck speakers? shouldnt have anything to do with your head unit going out but then again this is car audio and anything dumb can happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.