what does everyone think about elemental designs stuff?

I've been pounding the crap out of an e12k since '02 when I first purchased it and still sounds as good now as the day I bought it........and it sounds **** good!

I've been pounding the crap out of an e12k since '02 when I first purchased it and still sounds as good now as the day I bought it........and it sounds **** good!
Yes true..

I had one aswell & the 15"

My Bro has the eD10A Carbon Flat cone

Never used the amps

Troy

i agree with savagee bee or whatever, i was not around when ben did the things he did in the past, but i have heard some stories, quite displeasing, however, from just recent accounts of the buisness, reviews, and whatnot, i havnt heard of many problems lately with their products and have seen some good stuff turned around from the buisness. they seem to be making a turn around.

whats with this place and all the n00bs with low post count trying to grow a braing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

1. eD is not a SPL company. Period. In the last 4 years of SPL car audio competition that ive been involved with, ive never once seen an eD product. Im thinking thats probably not out of the ordinary if you ask some other compeittive members here.

2. eDead is horrible. Melts in your car, not in your hand. /end of story.

3. Shifty business practices. While yes, most of the long time hatred was from the pre-order mess that Ben made for himself. There are a number of other shifty practices that they continue to do. One that comes to mind is taking payments for equipment they dont have in stock on their website. SURE! We'll take you're money!!! .... oh and you might get your **** if we feel like it.

4. Horrible customer service. I ordered some stuff from Ben once (when I did have an open mind about the company), and wondered why I didnt get my equipment (see above). So I called them up, and the phone rang and rang and rang... I thought it was just me, so I posted something on sounddomain saying "hey anyone try calling eD today?" ... so a few other members who were interested also called too....and just ring after ring - no voicemail of any sort. Seems that Ben decided to take all the phones off the hook so he would have time to do other things that day. ghey IMO.

so anyways....carry on with the eD lovn' ... im all out of stupid.

whats with this place and all the n00bs with low post count trying to grow a braing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
1. eD is not a SPL company. Period. In the last 4 years of SPL car audio competition that ive been involved with, ive never once seen an eD product. Im thinking thats probably not out of the ordinary if you ask some other compeittive members here.

x2. Except for Stephen Matthews running some Nine.1's and a few guys down in Texas, I don't know of too many people doing anything SPL with our gear.

No longer asphalt. Not an issue.

3. Shifty business practices. While yes, most of the long time hatred was from the pre-order mess that Ben made for himself. There are a number of other shifty practices that they continue to do. One that comes to mind is taking payments for equipment they dont have in stock on their website. SURE! We'll take you're money!!! .... oh and you might get your **** if we feel like it.
Nope. Doesn't happen that way. As long as I've been here, we don't charge until something ships. Period. It might have happened long, long ago but since I've been the one to actually process transactions, it hasn't. Ever.

Unless a person chooses to use Paypal or a Check/Money Order but that is their choice to give us the money. The only thing that happens when someone orders an out of stock item is that there is an authorization to their card to confirm funds, but that only stays there as long as the bank feels like it.

4. Horrible customer service. I ordered some stuff from Ben once (when I did have an open mind about the company), and wondered why I didnt get my equipment (see above). So I called them up, and the phone rang and rang and rang... I thought it was just me, so I posted something on sounddomain saying "hey anyone try calling eD today?" ... so a few other members who were interested also called too....and just ring after ring - no voicemail of any sort. Seems that Ben decided to take all the phones off the hook so he would have time to do other things that day. ghey IMO.

So...you're telling me at least 3 years ago, you tried calling one day and when it was Ben and maybe Jeremy in the office, you didn't get an answer? Is it possible he was doing something...anything else that day? Granted I can't really condone not answering customer calls, but when your business is a one man show, sometimes you need to talk to vendors or else you won't have a product to sell.

Try calling anytime in the last 3 years. If your call gets missed, we now have a voicemail system. That's a big if though. We've usually got enough people on the phones to keep them answered, but during lunch it does sometimes get a bit out of hand.

my teammate ran 4 ed nine.1's and one of there subs in meca and did fantastic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.