What do you think of these amps?

Well, I am no longer in the market for a good 6-channel amplifier. I ended up choosing the US Acoustics Lanna. I came real close to choosing a Phoenix Gold SX2 1200.6, but the Lanna ended up over a $100 less expensive and I really wanted to stay with an A/B amp. Bought it from Sound Solutions Audio, an authorized US Acoustics dealer, who was selling it for $535 (US Acoustics has them priced $595 on their website) with no tax and no shipping. So, I think I got a great amp and an even greater price.

I will be receiving it in 4 days, also.
So how is it? Sound good, appear quality built? Would love an update if you have it up and running. Thanks

So how is it? Sound good, appear quality built? Would love an update if you have it up and running. Thanks

I've got other things I have to do before I get this installed. It is going to be a little while, but it looks solid. Build quality seems top notch. It is every bit the 20 lbs they say it is and I like that.

I will post when I do get it up and running.

Tha Lanna and SSA DM 150.6 are the same amp with different name?

I have to assume so. Everything on the outside looks identical. Specs are identical. The layout of the internals looks identical.

I bought my Lanna from SSA. I'll have to give them a call to see what they have to say. SSA is an authorized dealer for US Acoustics. I asked US Acoustics about that.

They are pretty much the same but the SSA has Tiffany style RCA’s and maybe something else? The SSA Demon line is basically the US Acoustics line. I have the Mike and love it. It’s so freaking beautiful.

They are pretty much the same but the SSA has Tiffany style RCA’s and maybe something else? The SSA Demon line is basically the US Acoustics line. I have the Mike and love it. It’s so freaking beautiful.

What, exactly, is a Tiffany RCA? How does it differ from the standard type of RCA jack?

Tiffany Style is mounted to the amplifier chassis and typically has a better ground. Standard RCA connections go through the chassis and are often cheaper quality.

Attachments

• Tiffany.jpg
    Tiffany.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Normal RCA.jpg
    Normal RCA.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 41
I think you may be mistaken. I do think both amps have the Tiffany style RCA jacks. From pics that I have seen, it does look like both amps have Tiffany style RCA jacks.

I do agree with you that those U.S. Acoustics amps look really sharp.

I think you may be mistaken. I do think both amps have the Tiffany style RCA jacks. From pics that I have seen, it does look like both amps have Tiffany style RCA jacks.

I do agree with you that those U.S. Acoustics amps look really sharp.

The US Acoustics line does not have Tiffany style RCA’s. The SSA Demon line does.

I own the freaking Mike and it does not have Tiffany style RCA’s! You didn’t even know what Tiffany style was so why would you argue?

Looks like the Lanna does in fact have Tiffany style RCA’s. Maybe they finally changed it up across the line once SSA started using the same amps. I stand corrected, I apologize.

Last edited:
I’m thinking they probably got a discount on them since SSA is using the exact same heatsink, board, options (maybe not all options)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...