What do you think of these amps?

dsw1204

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm still in the market for that elusive 6-channel amp. I had my eyes on one, but I waited too long and it got sold from under me...my fault for waiting too long to pull the trigger. So, I have been notified of a couple of others that seem very intriguing. I would like to have your guys' assessment of these amps. I'm looking for pure sound quality, although these amps put out a lot of power for multi-channel amps.

I'm going active with Morel Tempo Ultra 602 components up front (yes, I have pulled the passive crossovers). I will, also, be utilizing Focal Access 690AC 6x9 in the rear deck. No sub.

The amps I am considering are:

Sound Solutions Audio SSA DM150.6
US Acoustics Lana

Funny thing with these amps...I think they are the same amp with different nameplates. They look identical. Have identical specs. One, however, weighs a hefty 20 lbs. and the other weighs even more at 33 lbs. If they are the same amp, why the weight difference?

Anyhow, the description of these amps seems to show some pretty high quality internals. But, here, I am no expert. I do notice that with each amp there are no pre-amp sections. That is okay for me, I have a DSP for that stuff.

Before hearing about these amps, I was probably going to acquire the Alpine R-A90S, but I think I like these amps even more.

So, what do you think of these amps?

I like that line of US Acoustics. Very clean sound and quality built. They do rated all day and are easy on the eyes, albeit a bit cumbersome.
Zero experience with SSA gear.
They are both on the same website. Check them both out. They look almond identical. Almost everything is laid the same. Could they both be made by the same manufacturer with difficult nameplates? I wonder.

It looks very nice. However, I do not need a DSP. I have a Mosconi 6to8 V8, already. And, the Helix is twice the price of the two I am looking at.

Not the Helix P Six. The M six.

I got mine for 400.

Matt

Edit: I believe there is one available on DIYMA right now.

Could they both be made by the same manufacturer with difficult nameplates?
Almost everything is these days and it is likely the weight difference is just a misprint.

That said, I wouldn't run out and buy a class A/B amp these days. It's completely obsolete and impractical particularly in a car. It's sad that those clowns in Korea don't have anything better by way of multichannel in their catalog to offer these "brands" that buy the cookie cutter stuff.

I ran so many class d amps Arc XDI1200.6 Fosgate P1000.5 Phoenix Gold TI21600.6 JL HD900.5
Alpine V9 JL VX1000.5 Mmats Hifi1650 not happy with any of them, class d amps sound thin and dry, they only good for compact and electrical.
$400 class d amp is not gonna give you pure quality sound, the Gladen is your best option unless you want to spend the money for Mosconi Pro 5/30

I ran so many class d amps Arc XDI1200.6 Fosgate P1000.5 Phoenix Gold TI21600.6 JL HD900.5
Alpine V9 JL VX1000.5 Mmats Hifi1650 not happy with any of them, class d amps sound thin and dry, they only good for compact and electrical.
$400 class d amp is not gonna give you pure quality sound, the Gladen is your best option unless you want to spend the money for Mosconi Pro 5/30
Yeah, I liked the Gladen, but that is the one that got away from me. Seller sold it to someone else before I was ready to pull the string. And, it is a discontinued model. Bummer!!!

I am leaning towards that US Acoustics amp. The only thing is that it is so big and all the inputs are on the front and not the side, that I may have to rewire everything because of where my current am is located. I don't think I can just pull my KS900.6 and install the US Acoustics. Don't think current cables will reach the inputs of the new amp.

The Gladen are very solid when you hold in your hand you can tell the amp are high quality and heavy, not plastic like some amps.
I ran Arc KS amps mamy years KS300.4 KS1000.1 KS900.6 i had 2 KS900.6 both gave me problem on sub channel but really like the sound of KS amp, the Gladen look better and sound better.
I don't need to use my Gladen it's in my closet that i can sell to you if you like.

Last edited:
The Gladen are very solid when you hold in your hand you can tell the amp are high quality and heavy, not plastic like some amps.
I ran Arc KS amps mamy years KS300.4 KS1000.1 KS900.6 i had 2 KS900.6 both gave me problem on sub channel but really like the sound of KS amp, the Gladen look better and sound better.
I don't need to use my Gladen it's in my closet that i can sell to you if you like.
Good to hear the Gladen is also recommended here. My friend is looking to get Gladen amp when starts the interior modding of his new truck. The rear bumper and bull bar will be installed tomorrow.

Gladen are really nice, sound warm with lots of detail.
Ill deff have to agree with you on that. ShadowMarx, old friend of mine had a 4 ch on a set of Hertz Mille, and Hertz Tweeters, and cant remember the 3" on the dash with the tweets, running an 80 PRS, Boston 13" sub in center console,.The truck doors were so deadened and insulated you could whisper to each other. But ill tell you. That was one clean and clear sounding system. Its one of those that you just sit and daze in while the music is playing. No hissing. no noise, just straight up clean and clear and fairly loud. It was pretty fantastic. Expensive speakers and amps, but man it sounded amazing

Ill deff have to agree with you on that. ShadowMarx, old friend of mine had a 4 ch on a set of Hertz Mille, and Hertz Tweeters, and cant remember the 3" on the dash with the tweets, running an 80 PRS, Boston 13" sub in center console,.The truck doors were so deadened and insulated you could whisper to each other. But ill tell you. That was one clean and clear sounding system. Its one of those that you just sit and daze in while the music is playing. No hissing. no noise, just straight up clean and clear and fairly loud. It was pretty fantastic. Expensive speakers and amps, but man it sounded amazing
That's how clasd ab should sound

Well, I am no longer in the market for a good 6-channel amplifier. I ended up choosing the US Acoustics Lanna. I came real close to choosing a Phoenix Gold SX2 1200.6, but the Lanna ended up over a $100 less expensive and I really wanted to stay with an A/B amp. Bought it from Sound Solutions Audio, an authorized US Acoustics dealer, who was selling it for $535 (US Acoustics has them priced $595 on their website) with no tax and no shipping. So, I think I got a great amp and an even greater price.

I will be receiving it in 4 days, also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...