What do you guys think

FrsBass

Hello I'm new to te forum and want to know what you guys think of my setup and equipment. I'm currently trying to build the worlds loudest Scion FR-S. This is what I purchased so far.

- head unit - kenwood video in dash

- doors focal k2p Rx 6.5 inch

component speakers front and back

- 4 focal 7x10 mid range speakers

- 3 jl 13w7 sub woofers

- 3 jl 1200/1 1200 w rms mono amps

- 2 jl 600/4 600 watt rms 4 channel amp

- custom colour matched sub wall and airlift setup in trunk

- dynomat every panel in car for sound deadening.

- 5 power cells for extreme audio and air ride by kinetic

- 2 video screens with Xbox 360 in trunk

I would have focused more on a front stage got rid of the back speakers entirely but other than that 3600rms personally I dont think it will necessarily be the loudest but it will get loud

No one likes JL's here.. I like your setup -- I agree with the sentiment to ditch the Rear speakers (or go WAY down on their power).. If you want to setup the stage properly you will be fading those rears down 80 percent or so..

IE: I have a pair of $500 MB Quart's from the 90's for my rears and They are playing 20% to keep the stage up front.. (They are coaxial,.. which is why I put them behind me, since I run components up front.. and I already had the Mb Quarts from a prev. system..) -- If I didn't already have those MB Quarts, I would have not even put rear speakers in.

If I want maximum SPL I can put the Rear at 100 percent and it screams.. but, if I do that, the stage is then slightly behind my seats due to the SPL of the Quarts (so I keep them at 20 percent, and fronts at 100%). You see my setup in my sig -- I run a JL 10" .. and it sounds absolutely phenomenal.

If you LIKE JL's.. and you are running the high series,.. I say stick with them honestly.. There's little love for JL Audio subs here,.. but while JL may not be the KING around here.. they are absolutely phenomenal subs, especially in the super expensive line you are thinking of.

The logic of others is you can get *better* subs for less money.

I always say ask advice, but in the end go with what you WANT.. Any decent sub(s) are going to be nuts loud/good .. But I know if I had gone with another brand on the Sub (which is the only part I didn't take others advice on).. I wouldn't have been as happy with my setup. I AM biased towards JL Subs,.. but I also know their Subs From W0-W7's are all great sounding subs.. I've never heard a JL sub that I thought, man that sounds like garbage as long as the person had a proper amp on it.

Good luck with it.

I run all jl and I love my whole setup, I have a scion tc and run a single.13w7 with zr 6.5 up front and c5 in the back and honestly am very happy with the sound.... lol I could barely fit the 1 sub in my tc cant even imagine trying to properly install 3 w7s lop good luck cant wait to see pics and how this goes.... with my single.sub im hitting in low 140s not the loudest but it makes my ears hurt enough so good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.