What design looks better?

In terms of LOOKS, I still say #1, with #2 in close second...

But if you're doing a wall, you better be competing... so looks shouldn't mean jack. It's all about cabin gain.

But if you're doing a wall, you better be competing... so looks shouldn't mean jack. It's all about cabin gain.
I've had a wall before and didn't compete. I was just wondering what everyone else thought was more visually appealing. I'm tuning at 32hz, so big numbers isn't my main concern with this build. Having it sound good on music is more important right now than tuning at 45hz for a couple of songs that I can streetbeat high numbers with.

#2 has proven itself in competitions numerous times
That's also why I'm leaning towards the second one...that, and it's hella easy to build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do you think having the port make a 180* turn like that would hurt air flow? I normally just make an L port, but I designed this one differently so that there'd be more of chamber/port separation than having a long L port going down the back to the middle of the box.

That's also why I'm leaning towards the second one...that, and it's hella easy to build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Do you think having the port make a 180* turn like that would hurt air flow? I normally just make an L port, but I designed this one differently so that there'd be more of chamber/port separation than having a long L port going down the back to the middle of the box.
it shouldn't hurt it, and the difference would most likely be minimal. but i couldn't tell you for sure if either would be better than the other

it shouldn't hurt it, and the difference would most likely be minimal. but i couldn't tell you for sure if either would be better than the other
That's kinda what I figured too...thanks for reassuring my assumptions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.