What Component Setup Should I Use

Participant count
  • Participant list

james33440
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
FL
I have several questions. First off, I want to keep my Kicker KX600.4 amp. Otherwise, I would like to get either a Diamond Audio or US Amps Tube Driver 4-channel amp. Also, I have a set of Q-Logic kickpanels that will hold 5.25" components. Not sure if it will hold 6.5" or not.

Okay, now I want to be able to feel and hear my mids as well as my highs. What component set should I go with? Should I use 2 components, 1 in the kickpanel and 1 in the door? Or, should I go with a component set in the kickpanel and a midbass driver in the door? Or, should I just aviod the midbass driver option?

Well, I have narrowed it down to the following companies. However, I am unaware of the positives and negatives of each. What setup should I go with? Also, what brand should I go with? Diamond Audio, Focal, CDT Audio, Peerless, MB Quart, or should I stay with my Kicker Resolution set? Oh, and if I stay with my Resolutions, should I go with the 2 components or one component set and one midbass driver? Thanks.

Well, I think that I will just get a 6.5" component set in the doors unless I can get a deal on midbass drivers in which case I will put those in the doors and the components in the kickpanel. Also, if I get a three way set, would I be able to power them all of one 4-ch amp? Or would I need another amp?

Also, I want good midbass. What midbass drivers or components that have great midbass would you suggest? A/D/S 3 Series was suggested so I will take those into consideration. What about Focal, Dimaond Audio, and MB Quart?

All the speaker brands you mentioned are great, but midbass isn't something that was meant to be felt. If you want to feel it, Audiobahn makes a great high end component set.. but they are pricey and there is cleaner sounding equipment out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.