Which components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RFmustang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
I just picked up a mustang gt convertible with the mach 460 and it only has a tape deck. So I was thinking of putting in a cd player and this guy I work with said that I would be best to do the radio when I get amp and new interiors. He suggested getting Kickers compnents with the 5x7, I found them for $200 at crutchfield. Im gonna be running them off of a Rockford Fosgate 551X. Are there better components out therefor around the same price? Should I be going with a different type or size of components?

Thanks

components have different sounds to them that appeal to different people. Kicker components will most likely not let u down though, they seem to appeal to a lot of people and have a clean sound. I'de say (and most will) to go listen to what local stores have to offer.. because ur personal taste will differ from mine and others on the forum.. but if u do get those, go to etronics.com or ikesound.com, crutchfeild overprices like a bi*ch.

I found out my fronts are 6x8s and rears are 5-1/4. Should I match the components front to back brand-wise or does it not matter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.