What cheap 6.5 coax with good midbass?

Bobyota
10+ year member

sportin ancient wang
10-4 town
So I'm just going to put a cheap set of speakers in a car, but some good midbass would be nice....and I think about 2-1/4" is as deep as it can be.

CDT CL-6x? Alpine Type S? Infinity Reference? Pioneer? JBL? I'm lost here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

I cant comment on some of those other speakers, but stay away from infinity if your looking for some midbass. They sound pretty clear though. Ive also heard the alpine type s's dont have much midbass to work with either. Check out the polk momo 6.5s. They sound great, and have good midbass. They also come with the crossover, which most coaxes dont have, for better tweeter protection.

Honestly your best bet is to hit up the local car audio shops and listen to as many sets as you can, and find a set that exhibits the qualities you are looking for.

If you can, give the Eclipse pointsource coaxials a listen (silk tweets) and then compare them to a set of coaxials like mb quart (titanium/metal). By the way, ALL coaxials have crossovers - some have simply large external devices that have designated wiring.

I'll go to Best Buy and see what they have. A local audio store sells Memphis stuff....and I seem to remember a friend's 6.5 Memphis coax's having pretty good midbass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.