Mixing Component and Coax

Participant count
  • Participant list

csmolen

CarAudio.com Newbie
SC
If i were to put midrange woofers in my front doors, and then coax 6.5s in my rear deck, would the tweets on the coaxials make up for the lack of tweets with the midranges up front, or is it recommended to add tweeters w the mids?

If i were to put midrange woofers in my front doors, and then coax 6.5s in my rear deck, would the tweets on the coaxials make up for the lack of tweets with the midranges up front, or is it recommended to add tweeters w the mids?
I would add tweeters upfront. Having them in the back only will sound dull and boring upfront and you will be missing a lot of detail in the music up front. Tweets are cheep and easy to incorporate up front. What brand of mid/woofer do you have? See if that company offers tweeters. You could simply run wires off the mid/woofers to inline crossovers to the tweeters and call it a day.

Im not sure if this helps or is the correct way but I have 6.5 mids in the front doors and tweets in the pillars I used 2way 6x9s in the rear deck. The frequency levels go down to 55hz in the front and 60hz for the rears. Not a great deal of bass but the clarity is wonderful. Eq, dsp stuff on the hu and ampd using a good 4ch.
3 or 4 way rears get muddled when tweets are in the front. Rear should support not overstep the front stage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...