What car would you buy with a $13,000 budget?

Just gonna add my .02 cents in. For reliability and resale value wise, can't go wrong w/ either a Honda or Toyota. But for me, personal preference wise, I stick w/ Toyotas. Hondas are great cars but for me at least, the A/C in those cars don't last long. My wife had a '93 Integra coupe and after a few years, the A/C took a dump and had to recharge the freon in the vehicle. S**ks having no A/C in Vegas during the middle of summer when it decides to go out on you. We then got a 2000 4 door Accord and after 2-3 years, same thing happened w/ the A/C, had to recharge the freon again. W/ my '02 4runner, the A/C is still going strong after owning it for 16 years. Never once had to recharge the freon on the thing. My wife has the '05 Sequoia and her A/C is still running great after owning it for 12+ years and haven't had to recharge the freon.
Family members and friends have also complained about Honda's A/Cs going out on them and having to recharge their A/C units after owning the vehicles after a couple of years. Not trying to dissuade you from purchasing a Honda, but I'd like to give you a heads up w/ a possible problem that I've noticed that Hondas have w/ their A/C. I will give it to Honda, they are a lot peppier than Toyotas and tend to be more fun to drive than a Toyota.

Also, have you thought about Buicks. Never really thought about American cars since I was more of a Toyota fan, but after driving around a Buick rental last year, I have to say, they are pretty nice w/ nice power. The commercial "That's a Buick" is so true. I was pleasantly surprised on the smooth ride and power of the Buick.

As far as acoustics goes for the vehicles, can't help you on that as I'm a noob when it comes to car audio.

Good luck w/ your search.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that my son has a 2002 Honda Accord coupe and when he received the vehicle as a gift from my wife's parents, the A/C wasn't working. The freon had to be recharged and the actual A/C unit had to be repaired.
honda has gone a looooooong way since 2010 and below. just saying. OP is likely to be buying 2012 to 2014 The cars feel completely different from the older ones and have different issues.

Most buick trunks are hard to get loud in unless you do some kind of crazy wall with vehicle mods and cutting. My buddy has a whole journey getting his buick loud and its not pretty. Fairly reliable and easy to work on though and cheap parts.

was eyeing an Altima but ive read nothing good about the cvt transmissions

Also, my main goal is to find a car with comfort and as much factory horsepower I can find. Not really focused on putting a stereo system in it....well....into the itch hits me which I know wont take long,lol

Can't go wrong with Honda or Toyota. Toyota trucks especially keep there value. Like insane sometimes. My Honda has been a champ and drove 140k in two and half years with zero issues..

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

dont do trunks. Do a hatchback car. like a subaru hatchback or mazda 3 hatch. Those cars will smoke a camry and an altima in every way possible along with MUCH better sounding bass as well if you decide to put a system in it.
If you have to have a trunk car, honda over camry any day of the week. drove both, honda accord is way faster, more responsive and smoother quieter drive not to mention a bit better on gas mileage. The V4 accord smoked my friend's v6 camry when eco mode is off in sport drive. Altima is yuck in general lmao slow, loses to a civic and not to mention sound bass sounds like sh*t in those cars, they dont get loud unless you spend waaay more money than ever necessary. The amount of brute forcing your way into higher spl ranges with your wallet is normal in those cars.
you can get an A4, A6, Passat, 3 series, 5 series and even E classes that are relatively new, lower miles and well maintained for the price range youre looking to stay in, all of which are available in wagon format. The Audis will likely be turbo 4's, bmw as an inline 6 and the merc as a v6 or 8. Pricier to upgrade, but will be likely worth it. Some bmw's have weirdly shaped stock stereos, so caution there if you plan on putting a deck in. I drive japanese cars and have for years, but the german offerings have been very decent as of late

those junk cars go over 300k miles regularly mine has almost 100k on it and is just getting broken in., car and driver said the 3.8 was 1 of best motors ever made when new model gp came out.. but what do should we expect from a stupid chilld..
i have NEVER seen a pontiac last. my entire life. i had a good friend they had them 3 times and they where all JUNK. not to mention if you look them up they rank low in reliability..

Ford crown vic is roomy and reliable or Lincoln town car but both have 4.6L V8
Kenwood X301& Sundown E-15 v3 5.8 CF Ported @34hz on PPI ICE2600
I love my crown vic but they get garbage milage (16-17) and the interior isnt the nicest. But tons of space, enough power, huge trunk, safest car money can buy since everyone thinks your a cop

My wife has a 2014 Altima sl with the 4 cylinder we take our trips in, gas mileage is pretty good approx 35ish miles to a gallon, we can take a 3.5 hour trip to fla and back on a single tank, trunk space is decent can fit 2 large suitcases and my kids smaller one plus a few other toys, 2 normal size people can fit comfortably in the back seat, it's at close to 60k and haven't had any issues yet just regular oil changes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My wife has a 2014 Altima sl with the 4 cylinder we take our trips in, gas mileage is pretty good approx 35ish miles to a gallon, we can take a 3.5 hour trip to fla and back on a single tank, trunk space is decent can fit 2 large suitcases and my kids smaller one plus a few other toys, 2 normal size people can fit comfortably in the back seat, it's at close to 60k and haven't had any issues yet just regular oil changes.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'm hesitant on these cars due to the negative reviews regarding the transmissions

Really? No one mentioned a Charger with the Pentastar. This fits his bill perfectly. Large sedan with plenty of power.... Engine is extremely reliable... and car overall is very easy to work on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.