What battery to choose?? Odyssey PC1500 DT or XS Power D3400

Fi_
10+ year member

King of Diamonds
Fryeburg
I will be using as a Starter as well as a deep cycle for my 1.2kw system (might be upwards of 1.6kw after.) and my 4.0 V6 Jeep. I didn't want Kintetik becasue I don't trust them as starters and I don't like the bolting on the posts for the XS Power (I hate littler threaded bolds for posts.) So I was looking at the Odyssey it will fit right in my jeep and has nice SAE top posts and has similar output as the D3400. I noticed the 3400 has more Ah, Same Reserve, More CCA and less CA, and it has more max amperage by about 300a.

But I've heard Odyssey are great batteries and last anywhere from 8-10 years no problem. I also heard they make Stinger which is a battery brand I love. So for the SAME price what battery? The Odyssey is almost $300 online but I can get it for $240, the D3400 is about $260. Just looking for most bang for my buck as well as reliability I also need to be able to start in -20 weather and then bump shortly after with no problems.

Any opinions?

How many CCA's does the D3400 have nowhere I have looked has started this, all I know is it has 1000CA @ 30 Degrees F, But what are the CCA @ 0 Degrees F. Honestly the only differences I see is the 3400 has 4 more Ah and 200 more max amps. Other than that, they are the same battery. But I'm paying $20 less. I wanted XS really bad but I'm not sure I think the Odyssey would be better for my Jeep, I prefer actual Posts as opposed to the Bolt Post that XS has.

i doubt either would be a bad choice. but if i was going to spend a little extra id get the odyssey. 3/8 post and wing nuts make things easy
Yeah I figured that, now my question is are they better starters? Seem to be built more like a yellow top and seem to be more rebliable. But I'm wondering how much power these things will handle with the low Ah and max amps. Then again I don't really care I know either battery will do the trick, it's just doing the trick in -20 weatherunder my hood everyday and being dependable for both my system and my jeep and keep my 1.2kw amplifier at a good voltage for awhile full tilt.

I will be using as a Starter as well as a deep cycle for my 1.2kw system (might be upwards of 1.6kw after.) and my 4.0 V6 Jeep. I didn't want Kintetik becasue I don't trust them as starters
My kinetik is well over 7 years old now starter battery that works triple duty as a starter, stereo and external power source for 3 chargers. Kinetik doesn't make a group 34 however.

My kinetik is well over 7 years old now starter battery that works triple duty as a starter, stereo and external power source for 3 chargers. Kinetik doesn't make a group 34 however.
Not saying Kinetik is bad it was my original choice. But I've heard a lot of BAD things about them being starters. I know XS is good and I know Odyssey is good, so it's just a matter of what does the most for the price I guess. So far I'm sticking with the Odyssey PC 1500 DT probably though. If anyone disagrees let me know. Also people need to realize I live in maine where it goes from -40 at times to like 56 in 12 hours, I need a battery that can be dependable during that, one that can go from -40 and work great then go 50-60 degrees and run just as good.

Again does ANYONE know the CCA on the XS D3400? I can't find it anywhere just says 1000 CA.

well odyssey make s stinger ,batcap,c&d and a couple of other batteries too .company name is enersys .i run 2 of the 2150 and love them.i have ran kinetic, xs power , and batcap.these are far better and stronger for my system and starting .just my opinion and my experience with the batteries .

well odyssey make s stinger ,batcap,c&d and a couple of other batteries too .company name is enersys .i run 2 of the 2150 and love them.i have ran kinetic, xs power , and batcap.these are far better and stronger for my system and starting .just my opinion and my experience with the batteries .
By these you mean the Odyssey or the other brands you listed? I was confused there.

odyssey is the best so far.even the batcap in my opinion isnt as strong. but they are supposed to be the same battery.the odyssey is definitely stronger than my d 3100 that i ran or the kinetik hc 2400's. as for the stinger enersys makes them and they make the batcap as well and the data safe and the c&d batteries too

Not saying Kinetik is bad it was my original choice. But I've heard a lot of BAD things about them being starters. I know XS is good and I know Odyssey is good, so it's just a matter of what does the most for the price I guess. So far I'm sticking with the Odyssey PC 1500 DT probably though. If anyone disagrees let me know. Also people need to realize I live in maine where it goes from -40 at times to like 56 in 12 hours, I need a battery that can be dependable during that, one that can go from -40 and work great then go 50-60 degrees and run just as good.
Again does ANYONE know the CCA on the XS D3400? I can't find it anywhere just says 1000 CA.
I hear a lot of bad things about a lot of batteries, fact of the matter about 90% of issues are from people who do not know how to check a battery and let the alternator deal with a low/sulfated battery and that is a huge no no. Also hear a lot of people who do not drive their vehicles for 4 months without disconnecting their batteries and wonder why they are dead..they just don't understand what a 22 milliamp draw over 120 days will do to a battery and then try and let an alternator charge it.

odyssey is the best so far.even the batcap in my opinion isnt as strong. but they are supposed to be the same battery.the odyssey is definitely stronger than my d 3100 that i ran or the kinetik hc 2400's. as for the stinger enersys makes them and they make the batcap as well and the data safe and the c&d batteries too
Enersys makes Batcap, Stinger, Odyssey, etc...but not C&D. C&D batts are made by Dynasty.

Odysey is same thing as Sears Die Hard Plantinum. (I use the Die hard and it's quite nice). I have a strong suspicion that there's no more than 2 or 3 factories that make all of them so any AMG battery is as good as the next IMO (or close enough that you'd never notice the difference except under the most extreme conditions chasing 10ths)

I own the Die Hard Platinum badged version of the 1500DT. i agree you get the same battery but with a much better warranty if you buy it from Sears.

i love the battery. it is a great AGM battery. it replaced a 7 year old red top optima.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Fi_

10+ year member
King of Diamonds
Fi_
Fryeburg
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date