What are your must have parts when doing a install?

The only electrical tape I use anymore is 3M Super 33+. Does not fail and has great temperature resistance. I mostly use it for wire bundling, and insulating soldered splices where heat shrink isn't viable.

You think losing electrical tape *****, try losing a heat gun.

I distinctly remember the last time I was using it. I was building hank's (2000lade) podium for his old aerostar. This was back in 2008.

I used it on some heat shrink, set it down, and haven't seen it since.

I finally broke down and asked for a new one last christmas. Over 3 years and I never found it.

With my luck I'll probably find it next month in a random box somewhere.

What I hate is when you see a tool or accessory all the time, until its time to use it! When it comes time to use it you can't find one anywhere. Maybe its just me but this always happens and its usually something importan that I must have to finish whatever it is I m doing.

macgyver_multitool.jpg

All I ever need //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

garage0409006.jpg

garage0409015.jpg

garage0409016.jpg

garage0409017.jpg

I keep these stocked with a wide variety of terminals. I have separate kits for heat shrink, capacitors, resistors, inductors, etc. large tackle boxes with removable bins work great. I do a lot of work on location so I have to be mobile. The top part of the tackle box has my soldering station and associated tools.
Shit bro, I could never be that organized. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

garage0409006.jpg

garage0409015.jpg

garage0409016.jpg

garage0409017.jpg

I keep these stocked with a wide variety of terminals. I have separate kits for heat shrink, capacitors, resistors, inductors, etc. large tackle boxes with removable bins work great. I do a lot of work on location so I have to be mobile. The top part of the tackle box has my soldering station and associated tools.
I do the same thing w/ terminals in the bay. I love those little plano clear tackle boxes. I use them on my boat for tackle and the same size ones in the bay for terminals...lol.

My sockets and other install tools are in my 11-drawer toolbox.

Shop Kobalt 11-Drawer 41" Steel Tool Chest (Stainless Steel) at Lowes.com

great little box, i just need to get the top half for more storage.

All my wood working stuff is on the shelves under the saw-table in the wood room.

The one thing I am always misplacing is my off-set screw driver. I attach it to my drill for those hard to reach areas...swap over to another bit, and dam if I don't loose it all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000224AW/ref=asc_df_B0000224AW1858085?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0000224AW

Its a cheap tool, but dam handy.

You think losing electrical tape *****, try losing a heat gun.
I distinctly remember the last time I was using it. I was building hank's (2000lade) podium for his old aerostar. This was back in 2008.

I used it on some heat shrink, set it down, and haven't seen it since.

I finally broke down and asked for a new one last christmas. Over 3 years and I never found it.

With my luck I'll probably find it next month in a random box somewhere.
Harbor Freight...got one for $15 years ago and it hasn't failed me yet :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.