Center console build advise

Participant count
  • Participant list

seedubs1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
Just got a single cab 2 seater truck with bucket seats. Only place to put a sub is center console. Wondering if there's any input as to the best layout.

I'm thinking either:

Sub up port forward

Sub up port back toward fire wall (port would have to be close like 3" off the back wall)

Sub forward port up

I've heard with the center console setup, sub and port up is no good.

Thanks for any input guys.

Ah, btw, it'll be a ns, dp, lvl4, hdc3, or something similar off a zenon 1500w

12" if I can squeeze the volume out of the box, or a 10" if needed.

Try setting it up with a sub down- port rear. That way you could use the rear wall and floor for loading. Then do a cupholder or something on top of the box.. Unless you dont have enough room for the port to be away from the rear wall

Try setting it up with a sub down- port rear. That way you could use the rear wall and floor for loading. Then do a cupholder or something on top of the box.. Unless you dont have enough room for the port to be away from the rear wall
Disclaimer - I have never tried this. Just seems like it could be practical. Let someone else chime in, just throwing some ideas out there.

I feel that if the port was up, **** would fall down there, if the sub was up, you wouldnt have any room to set anything on it and it would just be an obnoxious place for a sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.