What are your must have parts when doing a install?

LOL! This doesn't just relate to car audio for me as whenever I start ANY project, I am running back and forth to my workbench 1,000 times to grab something I forgot, be it a tool or something like a ring terminal, butt end connector, zip tie, electrical tape, etc. Drives me nuts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

- 3M electrical tape (the rest is junk)

- Mechanical wire strippers

- Crimps for butt connects/terminals/etc

- Heat shrink for connects

- Patience

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Always can never find the electrical tape.
..and this. **** is never where you put it last.. so I have a stock pile in my glove box. LOL

I bring a supply of a bunch of extra stuff for installs. Ring and spade terminals in just about all the sizes from 0-22g, same with butt connectors in 22-10g sizes, m and f disconnects for 22-10g, electrical tape, zip ties, wire ties downs, screws, drill bits, heat shrink tubing, small screwdrivers, I'm still probably forgetting something.

Electrical tape sucks. The constant temperature swings its exposed to makes the adhesive turn to gunk after awhile. Heatshrink is superior in every way.

Electrical tape sucks. The constant temperature swings its exposed to makes the adhesive turn to gunk after awhile. Heatshrink is superior in every way.
^^^^ good advice, i agree.... I dont use anything but heat shrink and butt connectors when messing with wiring. They have big packs at radio shack with all sizes, just dont forget to slip it on before you make the connection. Then hit it lightly with lighter, plus it looks super clean

i stocked up on all install accessorys wire and terminals for every gauge and every style so the only problem is finding the electrical tape although i usually keep 10 rolls around i always loose them lol.

garage0409006.jpg

garage0409015.jpg

garage0409016.jpg

garage0409017.jpg

I keep these stocked with a wide variety of terminals. I have separate kits for heat shrink, capacitors, resistors, inductors, etc. large tackle boxes with removable bins work great. I do a lot of work on location so I have to be mobile. The top part of the tackle box has my soldering station and associated tools.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.