what are some good budget amp ???????????

Now there's a true statement.

People think putting a silly spider on the heatsink and calling it soundstream makes it good and have for a few years now. There's always a sucker who thinks they'll get something for nothing while buying the same old Chinese junk.

142 isn't terrible, but it won't win you trophies in 1000W limited category. With a good quality single 15 we were doing that with JL 500/1 for power in a friend's Volvo wagon a couple years back.

If you buy a good quality amplifier you will have reliability, good performance AND resale value if you ever need to sell/trade/upgrade later. Even if you can only afford a good 1000W amp, buy that and upgrade later when you can afford better. Going cheap just for the sake of a big number printed on the box is asinine.
Doesnt boss hold one of the largest profit margins? I read that somewhere.

Doesnt boss hold one of the largest profit margins? I read that somewhere.
Probably not considering they sell at Wal Mart.... I think walmart sales and profit margin don't really belong in the same sentence.

Their amps, however, were made by Zed Audio when they first came out. Really nice solid little amps and nice looking with similar build to the Alphasonic/US Acoustics of the 90's....but of course the famous Boss rating of 3X what they'd actually do. I still have a couple of them stashed NIB.

yea just sad that they just cant make good stuff i hate ppl dont look at rms much where i live im like duh rms is what u get not max
You can't beilve rms anymore. Even CEA compliant is a joke shady brands use to show they have one good amp. Even then getting that sticker is not hard and doesn't mean it will do rated under 4ohm.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Probably not considering they sell at Wal Mart.... I think walmart sales and profit margin don't really belong in the same sentence.
Their amps, however, were made by Zed Audio when they first came out. Really nice solid little amps and nice looking with similar build to the Alphasonic/US Acoustics of the 90's....but of course the famous Boss rating of 3X what they'd actually do. I still have a couple of them stashed NIB.
Lol there is one on eBay right now I keep seeing in my hunt of old school amps.

In general the Brazilian amps are good if you're competing and limited on space. I've had good luck with them, but others have not, and as you say repair is a big issue. IA 20.1 is a solid amp that'll hold great re-sale value from a solid company that will be around for product support after the fact.
i wish i had the money for 20.1

Lol there is one on eBay right now I keep seeing in my hunt of old school amps.
I have one with a clear top that claims like 200X4 or something crazy. Does a legit 45-50X4 and is a great looking/sounding amp. They're worth 90-100$ shipped all day long IMO. I bought a bunch new old stock from Stephen and used them for friends looking for modest front stage upgrades.

Stephen told me that he was making 1000 units a day for Boss back before government healthcare mandates killed American manufacturing of amps, and he hasn't had one come back blown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hunterleland
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from