what are some good budget amp ???????????

Buying a decent product that will last, be efficent, do what it says you will pay $100 per 500-750 watts. If you have to say it's good for the money it's not good. That's just somebody covering a lose

i love soundstream i know they make ppi never had any prob with any of the 2 what think is better rub1 or ppi ba7000? maby funny but what you guys think about the ac5000 planet audio i have hade planet audio amps never a prob with them my brother runs a xfl 15 on one and it slams

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

ive seen the planet audio ac 5000 clamp at close to 2200 rms

PPI also is the same as power Acustik now. A lot of their amps share specs but have different names. Some believe having a PPI badge magically makes it better. And no planet audio is not good. I doubt that 15 slams

i dunno for me i like what i like but it sux bec so many companys sold out to wanna b great amp makers unless u spend big money

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

that i could not tell you i know nothing of the meter i just know thats wut it said on the labtop

Laptop might have been a term lab so it's legit. But a 142 with a 15 on 2000 watts or so is pretty average. At least for something like a XFL. When I was in the low 140s I thought I was loud till I got stomped.

Anyway you didn't clamp right if you got 2200. According to that amps specs it's not possible.

PPI also is the same as power Acustik now. A lot of their amps share specs but have different names. Some believe having a PPI badge magically makes it better. And no planet audio is not good. I doubt that 15 slams

PPI BA7k clamps 21xx(cant remeber exactly but it was 2100 and some change) @ 1.4 ohm reactive, rising from .5 @ 12v flat, so assuming 14v it would probably do 2300

Ta1.3k clamps 2413 @ 1.13 ohm reactive rising from .5 @ 12.8, so it got really close also was tad above 1 ohm,

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Wow a 142. What meter?
give him a break he seems new to it, lol

but like you said to i dont want junk i did look at the taramps seem nice just dont know if i like the if it takes a crap on me have to send back and ive seen where ppl have wated months

I would jump on that used IA 20.1 instead on buying something that might make power for no telling how long. You get more buying a good amp than just power. You get efficency which is very important, you get power over the duration not just when its cold, you get resale.

If you have to say it's good for the money it's not good.
Now there's a true statement.

People think putting a silly spider on the heatsink and calling it soundstream makes it good and have for a few years now. There's always a sucker who thinks they'll get something for nothing while buying the same old Chinese junk.

oh it does slam took it to AUDIO shop and it hit 142db
142 isn't terrible, but it won't win you trophies in 1000W limited category. With a good quality single 15 we were doing that with JL 500/1 for power in a friend's Volvo wagon a couple years back.

If you buy a good quality amplifier you will have reliability, good performance AND resale value if you ever need to sell/trade/upgrade later. Even if you can only afford a good 1000W amp, buy that and upgrade later when you can afford better. Going cheap just for the sake of a big number printed on the box is asinine.

but like you said to i dont want junk i did look at the taramps seem nice just dont know if i like the if it takes a crap on me have to send back and ive seen where ppl have wated months
That's the bad thing, you get a lot for your money when it works. If it blows you are screwed.

In general the Brazilian amps are good if you're competing and limited on space. I've had good luck with them, but others have not, and as you say repair is a big issue. IA 20.1 is a solid amp that'll hold great re-sale value from a solid company that will be around for product support after the fact.

i love soundstream i know they make ppi never had any prob with any of the 2 what think is better rub1 or ppi ba7000? maby funny but what you guys think about the ac5000 planet audio i have hade planet audio amps never a prob with them my brother runs a xfl 15 on one and it slams 

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

ive seen the planet audio ac 5000 clamp at close to 2200 rms
not to be a di*k but, doutful. The planet audio bb2400.1 would do about 2200, but thats the only amp worth anything from planet audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

hunterleland
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from