What 6.5 inch speaker to get ?

I am in need of help picking out a 6.5 inch speaker coaxial or component is fine . My amp is 100 watt rms and I'm looking to spend 100-200 dollars. Any input is appreciated
What are you trying to achieve and what make/model/year car are you installing these in? Are you doing front only or front and rear? Any favorite brands?

Just a nice clean sound . It's in a 2004 Chevy silverado. Don't really care about brand. It's just the fronts unless someone recommends some 4x6 speakers also

[quote name='jsrobber']Just a nice clean sound . It's in a 2004 Chevy silverado. Don't really care about brand. It's just the fronts unless someone recommends some 4x6 speakers also[/QUOTE]

What kind of amp you running? @tat2bass ; is selling some RE XXX comps bnib for 190.00 shipped.

Yeah I have the RE XXX comps BNIB for I'll do $180 shipped. The set would sound awesome if you ran it active off that SAX. It is a 2 ohm set so you'll be getting a lot more power than the 100@4 ohms that it normally makes.

Passive is when you use just 2 channels of an amp and use the supplied crossovers that normally comes with a set of speakers.

Active is when you run a speaker off of each channel of an amp using either the crossovers on the amp if it is active capable or the crossovers on a headunit if it is active capable. Running active allows you to better control the amount of power each speaker receives and also set your own crossover points.

If you are just starting off, I would use the passive crossovers that come with the speakers first, then learn about passive and active through threads on this forum and on DIYMA.com and you can always switch down the road. Luckily you are starting off with a more than capable amp.

I'll add that I listen to mostly rock and Country but sometimes hiphop rap stuff . Mb quart stuff any good ? How a component set up from sundown or the neopro ?

I'll add that I listen to mostly rock and Country but sometimes hiphop rap stuff . Mb quart stuff any good ? How a component set up from sundown or the neopro ?
those are all fine, exept mbquarts, they used to be good but now they are bought out by a crappy company that brought their quality down a good notch. For your price range, you have the jbl ms62C thats good but thats it. The RE XXX components mentioned before are waay superior then the sundowns, jbls, mbquarts man.

I would not recommend going neo pros because they are pro audio speakers and if you do not know how to tune and crossover them properly or even have the proper head unit to do so, they will sound really bad.

I had a set of mb quart qs216 components on other car.

They sounded really good, clear and punchy.

No comparison to the Hertz HSK 165s I just installed though.

In 100 to 200 range, I've heard the XXX stuff is best bang for buck....

I've also heard the soundstream reference rc.6 components. For 125, pretty good sound.

Remember that sound deadener can make a world of difference.....

Good luck OP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.