What’s the tuning??

Sure looks like one to me... all 3 ports look to be the same length (44.25")... it's beyond my time and energy to try figuring it out...
The Subwoofer DIY Page - Dual-chamber ported systems

one guy says it's easy... lol... easy for him maybe...

I quote...

It's not that hard. Just model a woofer for two ports. Let's say it comes out to be a 1 cu. ft. box.

1/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the lower chamber, 2/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the upper chamber.

So .33 cu. ft and .66 cu. ft. will be the two chambers and added up will be 1 cu. ft.

The trick is istead of two ports you'll have three.

All the same as in length as you modelled in a software program for two ports.

Two of the ports will be visible externally the third port connects the two chambers internally
Ok... I'm either gonna look like an idiot or a savant... I tried to use this guy's explanation and it DID work out... looks like its around 5ft3 net tuned to 35hz or so, smaller chamber tuned around 42ish, Larger chamber tuned around 31hz... interesting how it sums into a 35hz tune... IDK if this is how it reacts but it looks like the bandwidth will be -3 db at 25hz with a 35hz tune... that's going pretty low, Once again I dont have any experience with this type of enclosure... all I can say is I tried. OP, does it go low and still peak pretty good for SPL?.. I'm curious if this is close, looks like it'll have a really wide bandwidth that it'll play strong from the high 20's all the way to 40's?... IDK

Ok... I'm either gonna look like an idiot or a savant... I tried to use this guy's explanation and it DID work out... looks like its around 5ft3 net tuned to 35hz or so, smaller chamber tuned around 42ish, Larger chamber tuned around 31hz... interesting how it sums into a 35hz tune... IDK if this is how it reacts but it looks like the bandwidth will be -3 db at 25hz with a 35hz tune... that's going pretty low, Once again I dont have any experience with this type of enclosure... all I can say is I tried. OP, does it go low and still peak pretty good for SPL?.. I'm curious if this is close, looks like it'll have a really wide bandwidth that it'll play strong from the high 20's all the way to 40's?... IDK
If this is an indication of the 3 tunings it looks like all 3 tunings will intersect at 38hz... so if this is right, is that the tune?.. IDK

1wDY9B.jpg

Witchcraft, lol... I love a brain teaser... wuz a headache tho at one point... once again OP, I might be completely off base... IDK

Im sorry.. I misstated that question. Does it play strong from the mid 20's to over 60hz?

Looks like you'll need to set the lowpass pretty low just to get it to sound decent. Is this something you had to do to tame that upper bass?

Once again I'm just tryin' to figure out if I'm close... @oxsign

[quote name='shredder2']Im sorry.. I misstated that question. Does it play strong from the mid 20's to over 60hz?

Looks like you'll need to set the lowpass pretty low just to get it to sound decent. Is this something you had to do to tame that upper bass?

Once again I'm just tryin' to figure out if I'm close... @oxsign[/QUOTE]Sorry. For some reason I'm not getting notifications of replies to the post. I just read what you came up with and your explanation sound like what I remember being told about it. I haven't built it yet, but I do plan on building just to see what it turns out like. I do remember saying that I wanted it to be a low end monster. I didn't plan on it being "one note wonder", lol. It it my daily and I do listen to a range of music.

Sorry. For some reason I'm not getting notifications of replies to the post. I just read what you came up with and your explanation sound like what I remember being told about it. I haven't built it yet, but I do plan on building just to see what it turns out like. I do remember saying that I wanted it to be a low end monster. I didn't plan on it being "one note wonder", lol. It it my daily and I do listen to a range of music.
If it works like I think it'll go low well (in car to low 20's easy) and still have that 40hz-60hz strong bass... looks to me like you'll need the LP to be set around 45hz? otherwise the uppers will be annoying... IDK... I thought it was built already. That's unusual in my experience with a mid 30's tune having strong low end is something pretty wild... if it was me I'd try it out. When it's built lemme know how the response actually is... I'm interested now... ok?

If it works like I think it'll go low well (in car to low 20's easy) and still have that 40hz-60hz strong bass... looks to me like you'll need the LP to be set around 45hz? otherwise the uppers will be annoying... IDK... I thought it was built already. That's unusual in my experience with a mid 30's tune having strong low end is something pretty wild... if it was me I'd try it out. When it's built lemme know how the response actually is... I'm interested now... ok?
Defiantly without a doubt I'll build it and post up about it on here. Now I'm also very interested in seeing how it works out. I'm in the middle of rebuilding a 4th order for the 4 10"s, but i'm not 100% sure I want to go with them again. I do appreciate the help to all that have posted in here wondering the same thing about this "odd" box, lol.

I'm like a dog with a bone when I see a brainteaser... try this thread out, post 12 is the best I could come up with... it works too... lol
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/632625-ingenuity-needed.html

I'm really interested to hear about the response if the box gets built... this one really was a learning process if it works out like I predicted.
My brain melted trying to understand all of that. Also, reading the thread in that thread that is on CACO site, WOW..... Way beyond my comprehension, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.