What’s the tuning??

Sure looks like one to me... all 3 ports look to be the same length (44.25")... it's beyond my time and energy to try figuring it out...
The Subwoofer DIY Page - Dual-chamber ported systems

one guy says it's easy... lol... easy for him maybe...

I quote...

It's not that hard. Just model a woofer for two ports. Let's say it comes out to be a 1 cu. ft. box.

1/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the lower chamber, 2/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the upper chamber.

So .33 cu. ft and .66 cu. ft. will be the two chambers and added up will be 1 cu. ft.

The trick is istead of two ports you'll have three.

All the same as in length as you modelled in a software program for two ports.

Two of the ports will be visible externally the third port connects the two chambers internally
I got this now... lol... it's gonna take some doin' but I might be able to come up with something other than a WAG... When I get back to the computer later I might give it a shot just to see if it works like i think it will... wow... interesting

Green, blue, red are ports. Yellow is chambers. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/nu2VO

The reason ide call the small yellow section a chamber is cuz it doesn’t keep uniform dimensions like the rest of the red port.
port has to exit the box.. that why idk how it works cause of where the 2 ends are beside each other on the left side of where u circled in blue..

It won’t work unless it’s dual chamber like I’m trying to tell them but he dead set on telling me there’s only two ports so **** it idc, good luck to him figuring it out...
I'm sorry, i'm not "dead" on it being 2 different ports. That's just what I remember it being. It was over 6yrs ago when it was done, thus the reason i'm asking for help. I didn't mean for it to come off any other way. Looking it at it now, I do see the variance in that "open area" in the center of what I thought to be 1 long port.

Whatever it is... it's got 3 approxametly 44" ports... 2 external, 1 internal with a large chamber and smaller chamber connected by the internal port... combine the chanber volumes and use 1 port area/length to possibly find the tuning. IDK... might work out... I haven't had time to sit down and drive myself nuts with this yet... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, i'm not "dead" on it being 2 different ports. That's just what I remember it being. It was over 6yrs ago when it was done, thus the reason i'm asking for help. I didn't mean for it to come off any other way. Looking it at it now, I do see the variance in that "open area" in the center of what I thought to be 1 long port.
If I sounded like a **** I apologize. I had both kids screaming in my ear and I just flipped lol didn’t mean to take it out on you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.