What’s the tuning??

Jeez... I did not account for dual tunings... I combined the ports together in Torres and used Winisd to come up with that... you'll have to ask someone else for that... 6ths are out of my experience.

i thought it looked like 2 diff port lengths that's y i didn't even try it.. idk how 2 diff freq tunes work..
Really?... ports are the same... but there is a 3rd port between 2 chambers in the center of the box... it IS waaaay above my experience

8D3oGj6.jpg

Looks like a double chamber reflex to me.
DCR

I had bookshelf speakers back in the day that used this type enclosure and they sounded bigger than they really where (5.25”)
Sure looks like one to me... all 3 ports look to be the same length (44.25")... it's beyond my time and energy to try figuring it out...

The Subwoofer DIY Page - Dual-chamber ported systems

one guy says it's easy... lol... easy for him maybe...

I quote...

It's not that hard. Just model a woofer for two ports. Let's say it comes out to be a 1 cu. ft. box.

1/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the lower chamber, 2/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the upper chamber.

So .33 cu. ft and .66 cu. ft. will be the two chambers and added up will be 1 cu. ft.

The trick is istead of two ports you'll have three.

All the same as in length as you modelled in a software program for two ports.

Two of the ports will be visible externally the third port connects the two chambers internally

Sure looks like one to me... all 3 ports look to be the same length (44.25")... it's beyond my time and energy to try figuring it out...
The Subwoofer DIY Page - Dual-chamber ported systems

one guy says it's easy... lol... easy for him maybe...

I quote...

It's not that hard. Just model a woofer for two ports. Let's say it comes out to be a 1 cu. ft. box.

1/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the lower chamber, 2/3 of 1 cu. ft. will be the upper chamber.

So .33 cu. ft and .66 cu. ft. will be the two chambers and added up will be 1 cu. ft.

The trick is istead of two ports you'll have three.

All the same as in length as you modelled in a software program for two ports.

Two of the ports will be visible externally the third port connects the two chambers internally
I tried reading and understanding the link I posted and it was painful. I think I’ll stick to plain Jane ported lol

Really?... ports are the same... but there is a 3rd port between 2 chambers in the center of the box... it IS waaaay above my experience
Where do you see a 3rd port? I see a "gap" where it was blocked off to keep the ports to tuning, but I don't see a 3rd port.

i thought it looked like 2 diff port lengths that's y i didn't even try it.. idk how 2 diff freq tunes work..
Yup, and for the life of me I can't remember what the tuning was. It was done 6+ years ago when I first got the Avalanche. Then I changed my mind to do 4 10"s. I recently came across it and thought of maybe going back to it for a change.

Green, blue, red are ports. Yellow is chambers. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/nu2VO

The reason ide call the small yellow section a chamber is cuz it doesn’t keep uniform dimensions like the rest of the red port.
Blue & red is one big long port. There is supost to be a higher tuning (like say 52Hz) and a lower tuning (like say 20Hz).

3 ports equal length.. the center port connects 2 different sized chambers.

The chamber size tunes each port I think... the connecting port allows each chamber to appear larger?

Witchcraft!.. lol

Green, blue, red are ports. Yellow is chambers. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/nu2VO

The reason ide call the small yellow section a chamber is cuz it doesn’t keep uniform dimensions like the rest of the red port.
Close. The blue has port walls. Follow the "maze" on the left port and it goes up and around the corner to where the sub resides. The right port might be the tuned high because of the shortness of port length....the left one has the most port length.

Ok well then if blue and red are the same port then why isn’t it uniform dimensions where I colored small yellow section? If it was the same port it would carry the same specs all the way through?

Either way this is some tom foolery that I could never understand lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.