new ported box

Participant count
  • Participant list
sealed box is not for me im going ported for the new type r´s (2 12")

is this going to sound good, hit hard and low?

single 3cuft box, single slot ported tone to 34hz

its going to make any port noise?

Port Width 3"

Port Height 15.7"

Port Length 31"

im thinking about cutting some pvc pipe to make the inside coner´s of the box and port smother to help with the air flow and round the mdf in port begining and end

any suggestions?

sealed box is not for me im going ported for the new type r´s (2 12")
is this going to sound good, hit hard and low?

single 3cuft box, single slot ported tone to 34hz

its going to make any port noise?

Port Width 3"

Port Height 15.7"

Port Length 31"

im thinking about cutting some pvc pipe to make the inside coner´s of the box and port smother to help with the air flow and round the mdf in port begining and end

any suggestions?
u still got the 1k amp? someone have to model it for correct port size.. your last box was 1.9 cf per sub right? should be able to do about 3.5cf ad with slot port in same space..

3cf is too small for those, go up to 4-4.5cf
alpine recomended for these 1.3cf for each sub so 2.6cf after sub and port displacement

im going a bit bigger giving 1.5 cf for each sub 3cf total after sub and port displacement

these type r are the 500rms not the new 750 rms or 1000rms one´s i wish they was :p

u still got the 1k amp? someone have to model it for correct port size.. your last box was 1.9 cf per sub right? should be able to do about 3.5cf ad with slot port in same space..
yes crossfire down to 1 ohm... it puts out more than 1k....

last ported box was about that 1.9cf per chamber but for 2 pioneer the recomended for those is 1.65cf and i made those a bit bigger like im goin to do now... going from 1.3 recomended to 1.5cf, its nice rigth?

yes crossfire down to 1 ohm... it puts out more than 1k....

last ported box was about that 1.9cf per chamber but for 2 pioneer the recomended for those is 1.65cf and i made those a bit bigger like im goin to do now... going from 1.3 recomended to 1.5cf, its nice rigth?

i put some data on winsd nd it tell me that i will have this curve (Green line)

3cf_box.jpg

what do u guys think about this curve? is bad, nice or good :p

i put some data on winsd nd it tell me that i will have this curve (Green line)
3cf_box.jpg

what do u guys think about this curve? is bad, nice or good :p
it's good but if u tune high u get bigger bump around 40hz (if u tune to like 36hz) that crossfire has ss filter i can't remember? if so tune high be tad louder but if u like real low bass and play rap stick ti 34hz.. check rear port air velocity set system power at like 700 watts, make sure air is no more than 30 mps with slot port..

it's good but if u tune high u get bigger bump around 40hz (if u tune to like 36hz) that crossfire has ss filter i can't remember? if so tune high be tad louder but if u like real low bass and play rap stick ti 34hz.. check rear port air velocity set system power at like 700 watts, make sure air is no more than 30 mps with slot port..
You got too much port area too small of an enclosure... it wont go low well imho

i was playing around with some port tunes (30 to 40) and 34hz was the most balanced one to me...

yes it have ss filtre i was thinking about setting the ss to 30hz

how do i calculate the port speed?

box.jpg

this is not scale is just for u guys to get the whats in my head :p

dark brown - port space

light brown - 3cf box space

red - 2in round pole for bracing, probably 3 all in line, top midle and base...

blue conners - 1/4 pvc pipe

green space - spare space matched for subs bracing and "conners" displacement

and yes the green space was planed to above 3 cf i dont want the displacement to still from the 3cf, by my math at the end i will get like 3.05cf after all the displacement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.