Welding Wire Question

iSteven
10+ year member

I have a question. Today i was looking online looking for 1/0 wire for fairly cheap.

I Saw some true 1/0 gauge for 7 dollars a foot. Other then seeing that i thought ****. 10 feet 70 bucks. Then i saw through some things on google, welding wire. 1/0 Gauge welding wire 2 dollars a foot. And i actually need this stuff for is like the big 3 upgrade.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of using a welding wire on the big 3, and would this actually be good for amplifier wire also? Cause in a budget for 70 dollars i could get 10 feet of 1/0 power wire. Or for 70 dollars i could get Atleast 25 or so feet of welding wire. And looking at the wire compared, it pretty much looks like its the same thing with a different name on it.

For some people who might not want to read all of this, some people might not want to look at this all but i can shorten it easily.

Whats the advantage and disadvantage of using welding wire for the Big 3 Upgrade. And could welding wire be used for my amplifiers.

Yeah i am looking around. But 1/0 welding wire for 2 dollars a foot. If its good or just the same id just do that. Also a question for someone. I am not fully sure on all these gauges. is 4/0 gauge bigger then 1/0?

i use 2 runs of 1ah power and ground for amps and batteries its great solid works good for me i got it from local air gas place
All i needed was good reviews on the welding wire for me to do it. So far no ones said anything negative so i think it will be a good go for me to get some of this. Thanks man.

Yeah i am looking around. But 1/0 welding wire for 2 dollars a foot. If its good or just the same id just do that. Also a question for someone. I am not fully sure on all these gauges. is 4/0 gauge bigger then 1/0?
If Audio Technix still have the Blow out sale, get a 0 Gauge OFC Big 3 from them for $55.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html

Email Rick@AudioTechnix.com and ask about the big 3 0Gauge OFC Kit.

Yes 4/0 Gauge is so much bigger than 1/0.

There is also nothing wrong with running welding cables.

If Audio Technix still have the Blow out sale, get a 0 Gauge OFC Big 3 from them for $55.http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html

Email Rick@AudioTechnix.com and ask about the big 3 0Gauge OFC Kit.

Yes 4/0 Gauge is so much bigger than 1/0.

There is also nothing wrong with running welding cables.
Thanks. Also very much thank you cause i need sound deadener the big 3 kits and some RCAs. I didnt know about that till you showed me that link.

Wireandsupply.com, get 2/0 welding wire for $2.43/ft. and 25 tinned copper lugs for $26 on eBay. The lugs are sold by the same company. I just upgraded my Big 3 using the products mentioned.

All i needed was good reviews on the welding wire for me to do it. So far no ones said anything negative so i think it will be a good go for me to get some of this. Thanks man.
I run about 75 ft of 2/0welding cable+ 75ft of Audiotechnix 1/0. Welding cable is GREAT Stuff. Basically OFC. Only issue I have found (which isnt much of an issue) is that compared to "audio cable" you want to go up one gauge. Example, 2/0 welding cable is a bit bigger than most car audio 1/0, but 1/0WC tends to be a bit less. I prefer the former myself.

Also WC is not built to be used as car audio wire. Its not AS flexible, but unless your trying to make a 20degree turn with the stuff you will never notice or care.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.