Welding Supply 1/0 Cable..

Participant count
  • Participant list

BDIDDY
10+ year member

Sittin' Slick
Tennessee
How flexible is this stuff? I am running the 1/0 from Lowes and I might as well use steel bar.... Just wondering because I am about to order some. And if some nice person could hand me the link just the web site that would be helpful also...

Don't know bout welding supply brand, but i know the more strands the more flexible, and Knukonceptz has the most strans i have seen available yet.

GOOD STUFF!!! Real Good!

I noticed the difference between the stiff (cheap) wire and the flexible (higher end) wire that there were more strands in the more flexible wire. I noticed this most with the heavier wire. I don't have a whole bunch of experience, but the stinger wire I have used was noticeably more flexible and had more smaller copper strands in it.

http://www.weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF:OR:terms::pA

at $0.99 per foot, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal.

I'm running the blue 1/0 in my Tbird right now.

Extremely Flexible; I had no issues snaking 20ft of this through my car.

powerwire.jpg

http://www.weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF:OR:terms::pA
at $0.99 per foot, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal.

I'm running the blue 1/0 in my Tbird right now.

Extremely Flexible; I had no issues snaking 20ft of this through my car.

powerwire.jpg

So this stuff won't have any trouble with 90 degree turns or anything? I wasnt concerned with the quality because wire is wire, I just need to order some and wanted to know how this stuff works.

Thanks again for all of the help...

So this stuff won't have any trouble with 90 degree turns or anything? I wasnt concerned with the quality because wire is wire, I just need to order some and wanted to know how this stuff works.

Thanks again for all of the help...
This wire will work perfectly for you then.

To put it one way in terms of flexibility; I can bend a 6" piece of this wire into a circle. Plenty flexible.

This wire will work perfectly for you then.
To put it one way in terms of flexibility; I can bend a 6" piece of this wire into a circle. Plenty flexible.

Alright, thanks alot for the help and info and the link....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.