weird wiring harness. jeep wrangler

Ohioguy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
house
i know all the normal colors almost in my mind. im hooking those up to a 2003 jeep wrangler. it could have been plug and play, but without thinking of hooking up multiple wiring harnesses to the one that will fit the deck i cut the original one. im positive i have the speakers hooked up right. 98% sure. but what im left over with is an orange, green, purple/yellow, pink wires, and on new deck white/blue, and red wires.

i keep finding different color charts all over the dam place and im getting confused about it. basically it wouldnt work until i hooked up the pink wire with the already 3 power wires. and even then it shuts off after 10 seconds of turning on.

if anyone with a 2003 jeep wrangler or anyone have worked on one knows the exact colors, let me know.

here is the one i found

Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink/White

Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Pink

Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Orange

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Black/Yellow

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Red

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/White

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Red

ok ill explain it better. there is no way i can hook up multiple harnesses so i can just plug and play. i accidently cut the wiring harness beforehand without thinking wayy to short. the problem is, there is no way i can exactly match up these wires.

i dont remember them all but heres most of them from my head

purple/yellow

pink

orange

light green

green

brown/red

brown/blue

2 red/white

2 black

etc.

after wiring the speakers i am left with pink, orange, light green, and purple/yellow

on the decks wiring harness i am left with blue/white, and red.

ive seen that chart which led me to hook up the pink to the yellow, red/white, red white wires and i got power. but it shuts off after 10 seconds. so im left with 5 wires total and a deck that shuts off. maybe due to remote wire? im not sure.

i always keep trying different wires till i get them right...usually i just end up matching up the similar colors
yes. i know. but none of the wires are the same at all. that diagram posted above, most of those colors arent even there.

i gave up. im going to take it to the shop. the know more than me from experience.

all the speaker wires are correct.

im just stuck with a few things. plus even with power and ground wires hooked up, it shouldnt turn off after 15 seconds, or turn on when you hit eject and turn off after its done ejecting.

heres what i came up with.

jeep >>> hu wiring harness

2x red/white>yellow>pink

2x black>black

orange>red

light green>blue/white

brown/red>white

green>white/black

blue>gray

purple>gray/black

brown/yellow>green

brown/light blue>green/black

blue/white>purple

blue/pink>purple/black

ill just have to wait and see tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.