Will this work?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gnatnoop
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ca
im planning on running one or more batterys to help with voltage drops, but the problem is i cant run them in the cab of my truck.. due to limited space, with it being a single cab (another batt in the engine compartment is not a option). However i do have a nice little tool box right behind the cab.. so i was thinking is it possible to run some thick power wire from my front batt to my rear batt(s) and still have my amp connected to the front batt... look at picture below if that didnt make any sense

truckson.jpg

k i now have a question about this, will i be able to run the system off the rear batts with out hooking it up back there while the car is off, or will i have to hook the amps to the back batts.. what amp isolator should i run, i have a 220 amp alt. will i have a voltage drop because of the isolator when the truck is running?

k i now have a question about this, will i be able to run the system off the rear batts with out hooking it up back there while the car is off, or will i have to hook the amps to the back batts.. what amp isolator should i run, i have a 220 amp alt. will i have a voltage drop because of the isolator when the truck is running?
anwser this question...please

you should hook ut to the rear batt any way and up grade you charging wire from your alt to batt fuse b-tween frnt batt and rear batts and b-tween amps and rear batts

will mean reworking some of your power but is worth it and then yes if you isolate the batts w/ a switch you can run your system w/o truck on but not for long (batts will run dead) i do have a power inverter for show cars i could sell you (demo all day w/o running batts down)

3k03pa3oeZZZZZZZZZ97e12fe8cb338a01d8b.jpg
some thing like these i have a few so i'll let them go for 150 shipped ea

you can run your whole system on this as long as you have a wall to plug into

don't call # in post pm me here i'll fix you up

3kb3m03odZZZZZZZZZ97e363a1761c4a112db.jpg
3k63ma3o2ZZZZZZZZZ97edaf9da990ceb13b7.jpg

The isolators will give a voltage drop of 0.4 to 0.7 volts because of how they are made. I'm not sure what will happen if you run more power than recommended, it will probably fry the isolator.

What amps, how much power are you running. What size batts are you planning on getting? If you can't get 3 of the same size batts, then just get 2 big batts in the back and remove the batt from the front. Thats what I'm doing with 2.5kwrms and 2 group 31 batts.

The isolators will give a voltage drop of 0.4 to 0.7 volts because of how they are made. I'm not sure what will happen if you run more power than recommended, it will probably fry the isolator.
What amps, how much power are you running. What size batts are you planning on getting? If you can't get 3 of the same size batts, then just get 2 big batts in the back and remove the batt from the front. Thats what I'm doing with 2.5kwrms and 2 group 31 batts.
im running about 1500 watts rms, soon to be about 3000 im going to get 2 of the big c&d's. i have to have a battery upfront as i already have a bunch of stuff wired to that one..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gnatnoop

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
gnatnoop
ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date