weird voltage drop...

he means do one troubleshoot at a time so u know EXACTLY what the problem is. if u change everything at once then u will never know what the problem was
yea, i get it now.. but first ima pull the remote wires to see if thats what the problem is first, then go from there and remove fuse and cap like he said and add things slowly.

or maybe it could possibly be the fuse holder? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
It could certainly be the fuse holder. You either have a high current draw (with no music playing) or a very high resistance connection somewhere.

yea, i get it now.. but first ima pull the remote wires to see if thats what the problem is first, then go from there and remove fuse and cap like he said and add things slowly.
if the remote wire solves the problem plug the amps in one by one to find the issue

would not be related.. as there is no way the amp would pull enough power at volume 2 to have any problem with any amount of resistance
yeah but look at the pics(on page 4 i think) the voltage at the battery was 14.2 while at the same exact time the voltage at the cap was 13.6, i then put the positive lead from the DMM on the raw wire where the fuse and wire meet and it read 13.6... and battery read 14.2 at the same time..

Good plan. Then add the fuse, test again. Add the cap, test again. (assuming the problem went away to begin with). If the problem remains with remotes unplugged, no cap and no fuse, then it's 3) God hates you.

Good plan. Then add the fuse, test again. Add the cap, test again. (assuming the problem went away to begin with). If the problem remains with remotes unplugged, no cap and no fuse, then it's 3) God hates you.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif ill go with 3.

but, i have a second feeling now that maybe it is the fuse holder cuz if you look at the pics on page 4.. the voltage straight from the batt is 14.2 but right after the fuse holder the voltage is 13.6...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif ill go with 3.
but, i have a second feeling now that maybe it is the fuse holder cuz if you look at the pics on page 4.. the voltage straight from the batt is 14.2 but right after the fuse holder the voltage is 13.6...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I'll admit I didn't look through all those pages of pictures. Alright, I didn't look at any. I think you may have solved you're own problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.