Weird tinsel slap

Participant count
  • Participant list

iwanturmags
10+ year member

asfsdf
Alright so I used to have tinsel slap (barely any in my left and alooooot on my right) on my coax's so I duct tape the tinsel lead to the tweeter (leaving enough room for the cone of course). Well that helped, alot for about a week but now it's at the point that they just seem to flicker hardcore. I've thought about putting felt around where the tinsel meets the cone, but the problem is I just don't see where the tinsel could possibly be smacking the cone since it's taped up? How do I stop my tinsel from rattling..And also when I wiggle the tinsel, it plays at a higher frequency maybe it's loose at the terminal or the lead is coming unbraided idk, anyone?

I've heard of some subwoofers that have a little piece of foam rubber glued to the back of the cone to stop the leads from making noise.

Other than that, you could look for a new component speakers set with the leads sewn into the spider... there are some around you could probably find for under $200.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.