WEIRD LPF AND SUBSONIC SETTING

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bellmeister

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
So after two weeks of reading and watching videos I set up my Skar 1200 watt amp. Im using it to power an 8" 400 watt RMS sub. Wired at 4 ohms.
Anyway, a guy I met showed me his system and cranked it. Sounded great. Then I lean in to see the LPF and Subsonic settings...and theyre both at zero.
Long story less long, I tried it and it sounds great. Better than the recommended.
I cant find anything on line that talks about setting either at zero.
Nothing.
Anyone know about this and why it sounds good?

So after two weeks of reading and watching videos I set up my Skar 1200 watt amp. Im using it to power an 8" 400 watt RMS sub. Wired at 4 ohms.
Anyway, a guy I met showed me his system and cranked it. Sounded great. Then I lean in to see the LPF and Subsonic settings...and theyre both at zero.
Long story less long, I tried it and it sounds great. Better than the recommended.
Nothing.
Hopefully he has the filters set at the head unit or a form of processor, so they can be off at the amp

Nothing.
Lol im on here tryin to find out how to make mine sound better but i have LPF and subsonic all the way down and bass eq at zero i have a single 12 skar evl at 1ohm with skar rp1200.1d (1200watt rms) n it hits hella hard but not perfect at every tone

Lol im on here tryin to find out how to make mine sound better but i have LPF and subsonic all the way down and bass eq at zero i have a single 12 skar evl at 1ohm with skar rp1200.1d (1200watt rms) n it hits hella hard but not perfect at every tone
With the LPF 100% ccw, your subs will play 50 Hz and lower. For a better blend with the front stage turn it up to ~80 Hz. With subs that are very musical I usually set at 80 Hz and lower. With not so musical subs I set as high as 120 Hz.

Last edited:
With the LPF 100% ccw, your subs will play 50 Hz and lower. For a better blend with the front stage turn it up to ~80 Hz. With subs that are very musical I usually set at 80 Hz and lower. With not so musical subs I set as high as 120 Hz.
Im gunna try that out as soon as i get my upgraded alternator ordered n installed i was watchin the volts while drivin and stock alternator isnt workin correctly anymore after almost 2 years of havin this setup but thank u very much

Are you in a sealed or ported box? Sealed won't matter much if the subsonicis all the way down...if you're ported then you should about 5hz below tuning frequency of the box to prevent you sub from being damaged from unloading...

Are you in a sealed or ported box? Sealed won't matter much if the subsonicis all the way down...if you're ported then you should about 5hz below tuning frequency of the box to prevent you sub from being damaged from unloading...
I have a sub zero ported box but no idea wat frequency the box is or how to find out well i guess i can look for one on internet n see details bout it there thank u for the help

Ok my box is tuned to 34 hz and my amp subsonic says off all the way down and 50hz all the way up so i should be good wit lpf at 60-70hz n subsonic at bout between 25-30hz?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...