Weird issue with Pioneer HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

rdlyn13000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB and my buddy has the same HU in his car. I found a system on Craigslist and had him run and get it because I was still at work. He hooked the system up in his car to make sure it worked and met me at my house after work. Everything worked but there was an odd issue where the amp/sub would not come on until the volume was at around 30, then when you lower the volume under 30 it shuts off. So we hooked it all up in my car and it worked fine so we assumed it must be something with his car. Well I went to shut the subwoofer off on my HU and that didn't work so I realized when my buddy hooked the wires up to my HU he didn't hook the RCAs to the subwoofer output. So I pulled the HU and put the RCAs in the correct spot and it started doing the same thing in my car where the volume needs to be at 30 for the amp to come on. Now this makes me think there's something not set up right with the HU sense we both have the same deck. Sorry for the long thread but has anyone ever experienced this or have a clue what's going on? I would like to have my sub amp connected to the sub output so I can control it and hook my 4 channel up.

Sounds like the amp turns on when it receives a certain level of input from the RCA's but the threshold is off...that or your remote wire is messed up. Try bridging the power and remote inputs on the amp and not using the remote wire provided with the headunit

Well the remote wire I am using is just the one connected to the RCAs. I suppose I could run a new remote. But everytime I think about it I remember that it did the same thing in my buddies car and he has had other systems in there that worked fine. I'm in the process right now hooking up a different amp.

Also it only does it when the RCAs are hooked to subwoofer output but works as it should when hooked to front output

Ok I just hooked up a directed 1100d and the RCAs are on subwoofer output. And it's working 100% as it should so clearly it's an issue with the amp. So what would cause this issue with the amp? This is still very odd to me that the RCA location is making the amp either work the way it should or not.

Maybe a mod can move this to the amp section and change the title for me??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.