Pioneer 80 PRS No sound problem in a 95 camaro.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nonten03
10+ year member

sapulpa
I hook up the new pioneer 80prs in my 95 camaro with a bose system and i'm getting no sound from any of my speakers.

I was wondering do i need to un-hook the stock amp that came with the car? or would i just need a speacial adapter to set my gains on my amp? ( I would wheather not go this way because i plan on taking everything that's stock out)

Any help would be much appreciated

Did you have sound with the factory radio? You need to hook up the "remote on" wire on the 80PRS to trigger the amplifier to turn on.
Yes I did and no I did not hook up the Remote wire, I didn't think it would of affect my front speakers for some reason. Do you happen to know where the amplifier is located at for this car? I try to google it, but my school block's everything and it's hard to find information

its the 12v source coming out of ur deck.....just run a single 18 gauge wire from the back of the deck to the factory amp...and im betting its either under a front seat or in a trunk panel

found this on a camaro forum

There's also an amp behind the passenger side sail panel, next to the rear set.

Not sure if it's just for the sail panel speakers, all of them, or some other combination of them. But I would check that out as well

factory harness wire will not be blue doug .if he's using a aftermarket harness then the wire from there will be blue.but he'll still need to make sure its the remote wire for the amp.

factory harness wire will not be blue doug .if he's using a aftermarket harness then the wire from there will be blue.but he'll still need to make sure its the remote wire for the amp.
my factory harness for my stock infinity amp had a blue remote wire. and i mean where the harness plugs into, not the og harness from the deck.

what year is ur jeep and because its an infinity thats probably why it is blue and white....
its an 03 and i messed up in my wording a bit i meant where the factory/aftermarket harness plugs into the stock wiring, my remote wire is blue that goes to the amp.

its the 12v source coming out of ur deck.....just run a single 18 gauge wire from the back of the deck to the factory amp...and im betting its either under a front seat or in a trunk panel
I would think there would be a remote wire behind my deck already, but if I can't find where it's at on my harness i'll just do it this way. Thanks man

blue wire with white stripe is the remote wire, and the blue wire from the factory harness is remote for the amp hook thos 2 together
The after market harness is blue and white, but i still don't know which one is the remote wire for my amp.

I did found this on another forum

As far as delivering power to the amps, if you cannot find the correct pin there is a way around that. You will need a multimeter, some tinfoil, tape, and a needle. Place the needle on the tip of the red lead on the meter, wrap it in tin foil and tape around it until it is secure. Set the meter to measure DC voltage. Ground the black lead and stick the needle into the back of each one of the possible wires (see my previous post) Have the headunit set on CD or TAPE, but NOT radio. Check for voltage at each wire, if there is no voltage this is not the right wire. If you find one with voltage (between 11.5-14.5), power off the headunit. If the voltage goes away that is the amp trigger, if the voltage is still there you need to keep searching.
Here is the link to the thread Replacing Head Unit... how to integrate BOSE amp/speakers - Page 2 - Mazda Forums : MazdaWorld.org Mazda Owners Forum

I'll probably try this method out. What you guy's think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.