Weird issue...Need Help.2-XXX15(D2) LOW amp output..hmmm..Impedance is different

Participant count
  • Participant list

HowLowd
10+ year member

03 Max
Purchased two XXX's from 90accordman. Subs are dual 2ohm.

Installed them upon returning from afghanistan. Perfect. Ran a 1501d to each sub.

Pulled them to work on a plan for a larger enclosure with a big aero instead of slot port.

Speakers sat around for three weeks. Scrapped project as it was way too heavy. Even considering losing one amp and one fifteen to the other car for weight.

When i install them, i have nowhere near the same output, my 701 is still on the same settings and everything is still setup exactly the same. Upon meterig the subs, im pulling a 2ohm reading at the terminals. Pull the subs and im reading 4ohms per coil.

WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.