Weird Electrical Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

smms25
10+ year member

Okay, so I finally finished the aesthetical install of my Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD in my 08 Mazda 3. At first, all I had was the headunit installed without the stock lcd screen that displays temp, time, etc. Well I went back and got everything fit and looking nice. Now whenever I turn on the car (its not EVERY tme but most of the time) I get this strange electrical noise. It kind of a whir or a whine and it lasts for about 5-10 seconds..

any help greatly appreciated

I already pulled it out once and made sure there was no bare metal touching either the wires or anything else

Okay, so I finally finished the aesthetical install of my Pioneer AVH-P4000 DVD in my 08 Mazda 3. At first, all I had was the headunit installed without the stock lcd screen that displays temp, time, etc. Well I went back and got everything fit and looking nice. Now whenever I turn on the car (its not EVERY tme but most of the time) I get this strange electrical noise. It kind of a whir or a whine and it lasts for about 5-10 seconds..any help greatly appreciated

I already pulled it out once and made sure there was no bare metal touching either the wires or anything else
Is it alternator whine? High pitched squeel that goes up and down as rpm do?

But it wasn't doing it until I pushed some wires further back to get the cd player fitting in all the way. It doesn't change with RPM that I know of. Although , it only does it right when I crank up the car. When I press the source button it will stop for a second until the next source is on (like cd, mp3, or radio)...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.