Weird Bass Knob noise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

East
10+ year member

Team New England
So I have a Crescendo BC2000 and the bass knob that it came with... Seemed to work fine up until recently when I touch a curtain part of the knob the sub makes a noise no matte how loud its turned up or if im playing a song or not. It's only in a specific part on the knob when I touch it I get a loud "pmph" and he sub moves if i tap it repeatidly the sub goes up and down. When I unplug the knob altogether theres no problems.

Are crescendo knobs bad? or is this common? could i be a short or what? I'm baffled as to why this would happen. My DC 1.2K knob did this as well after a long time its hard to explain if I hold the knob and use it, it seems to work fine I touch the one part on the rotator (the part of the knob you turn) it makes that loud PMPH sound. I was going to buy another knob but if this isnt the knob itself and something else i'd like to try to figure out what. The amplifier is like new so I know its not a bad connection.

The knob is a potentiometer, and those devices can get a bad contact in part of the range, like the problem you're describing. I can promise you these bass knobs don't get tested individually before they get shipped. You could try a little contact cleaner spray.

The knob is a potentiometer, and those devices can get a bad contact in part of the range, like the problem you're describing. I can promise you these bass knobs don't get tested individually before they get shipped. You could try a little contact cleaner spray.
I appreciate the reply man I've noticed knobs are more trouble then they're worth I only use them to do a quick turn down when I see cops or to level out the music so its not full tilt when I want mids/highs. But yeah I guess I'll just retune without the knob and stay like that ill just lower the bass on my deck when I need to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.