Wattage too low or too high? Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aidanskatez

Texas
I have two rockford fosgate P2D4-12's but one is an older model rated at 250 rms and a newer one rated at 400 rms. I have them both in a sealed box. I'm going to hook them up to a planet audio 1500 watt monoblock amp. If I hook them up at 4 ohms and feed the subs about 500 watts, will both of the subs be ok? Will the power split evenly between the subs? Will the 400 rms sub be under powered? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Consider the depth of discharge chart for LTO: Charging up 16V or above may not hurt them but it certainly isn't gaining you much of anything...
what ^ said. amp gain setting info, test tones are at the very bottom...
Which amp and which speakers? What crossover are you using? You may be fine so long as you never push the volume too hard.
DJ subs are designed for efficiency, car audio subs are designed for low end in a small space. So above ~50hz the DJ sub will kill a car audio...
And even then the Demons are a nice subwoofer. Heard a pair of those in the 10" locally Monday afternoon on around 1,200 watts and for a sealed...

About this thread

Aidanskatez

Aidanskatez
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
garychoffmann