Wattage question to Alpine type R's!

ABNgang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My local store makes a very cool box for 2 alpine type r 12's. The box is made for alpine 1000 watt amp....it is tuned to how i like it and i was wondering can i hook a 1200watt amp and it still be tuned the same? im so confused (i want a nine.1)

the subs would love a nine.1 and it would have no effect on your tuning. that is unless they're doing something wierd like installing the amp inside the box. But even then there would be only minute differences in tuning depending on the volume displaced by one amp vs. the other.

My local store makes a very cool box for 2 alpine type r 12's. The box is made for alpine 1000 watt amp....it is tuned to how i like it and i was wondering can i hook a 1200watt amp and it still be tuned the same? im so confused (i want a nine.1)
I made a box for an amp once. With that amp, it will be tuned, but if I were you, I would also get a high output.

When boxes are made to an amp's specifications, it is best to stick with that amp. Companies that make pre-fabricated boxes, such as the one you listed, make certain amps to go along with them for a reason. You would never get the settings tuned right as the store would. Best bet is to just buy the entire package and let the store install it. There is no playing around when it comes to pre-fab box and amp packages. You can tear some **** up quick.

easy the new amp just needs to be mounted inside the box. Cut a hole to reach in to set the gains then spray foam it shut.
100% wrong. Spray foam would definitely change his tuning frequency. And probably not for the better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.