Semi Shallow Mount Subs. Hertz? RE?

Alpine4x4
10+ year member

Im Special
Prepping a system for a 2006 tundra. Looking for a sub with 5" or less mounting depth to fit in the rear storage areas. Been looking at hertz ES series subs. Not a whole lot about the hertz subs online. Also been looking at RE audios SR and RE series subs. Any other shallower mounting subs worth looking at? I know pioneer makes one but it sounds like **** imo. JL has one but its over priced as usual. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I am running 2 10" Herts ES subs in my truck. I would not say they get super loud but they are very quick, accurate and have handled everything I have thrown at them. I would compare them to an IDQ v2 with the ability for more impact/output. These are not output monsters but they do a pretty decent job, better than than a IDQ v2 or Alumapro I have.

I am running them of a Zapco REF500/1 @ 4ohm RMS rated at 350w and that has been plenty of power even in the .35 cuft. sealed enclosure. If you wanted to get the most output out of them IMO 250w would be optimal.

In the current box size they are lacking on the bottom end a little. IMO there would be an improvement if I had the space to get them in .5 cuft. at least.

I have also ran the RE line and for the price you can get one they are hard to beat. IMO if you are not looking for huge output but some bump in the trunk they are the bang for the buck.

If was going to spend the money I would be looking at the IDQ v2 or Hertz ES. The Dayton HO 10 might be another one to look at but not sure how much air space you have avaliable. They really need .75c cuft. IMO

The new Mag is 5.5". I know it's a hair deep, but you might could squeeze it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

There's approximately .35ft^3 in one cargo area and double that in the other give or take a tad.

I'm looking for a good SQ sub that gets semi loud. I'm thinking of running a 10" in one cargo area and 2 8's in the larger one. Or maybe a 10" in the larger one if it requires a larger box area and a 8" in the smaller. I listen to 80% rock so a good quick sub is a must but I do like it to thump and on occasion I throw in some jeezy or such and wouldn't mind some "boom"

I just looked at the SI mag V4. I might be able to fit it. I'll have to wait till I get the truck and figure out how much work my hammer could do and how much I can get away with cutting out of the bottom of the seat, after the storage area is fiber glassed. The SI BM looks sweet too:confused:

Those DD subs look to be good ones as well. Though it looks like they recommend running them ported which with my box size constraints would be very difficult.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.