Water inside of door.

Participant count
  • Participant list

miker
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Wayzata, MN
I am installing my mids in the stock speaker locations in my doors, but the issue i ran into was that the inside of the door lets in water.

I believe the water leaks in through the window and drips down the tracks that hold the glass.

An easy way to keep the speaker from getting to wet is to pick up some of the rubber baffels that go behind it. If you have a high power speaker just cut the bottoms off and make like a little speaker housing for it inside of the door.

While water isn't supposed to go through the door it is designed to let it drain in the case that it does happen. I would worry more on protecting your speaker vs. trying to seal it up. If it just falls down the side of the panel, get some weatherstripping from lowes/HD and outline the speaker on the inside of the door. The water should go around the weatherstripping and protect your speaker. If the water is actually dripping straight down you'll need to make something to protect the speaker itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.