wanting a good sound stage

Foote11
10+ year member

Iowa
i want a good soundstage but im not too sure what all goes into it im not looking for audiophile quality but pretty good i was thinking of just getting some hertz 3 way coaxials in the front and some tweeters on the dash or would taht be too much highs?

a good frt stage consists of a good 2 or 3 way component set and a good 2 or 4 channel amp
got any recommendations for these?? my budget would be around 200 or 250 for the set and amp if at all possible

i can prolly do something in that price , for you. it will be ok and new equipment but not better sq equipment . but will be components anda 2 channel ampo shipped to your door.and decent quality

The speakers by themselves will not you a good "sound stage". Sound stage refers to your perceived location of the band when your speakers play. Since in a car environment the left side speakers are closer to you, this shifts the sound stage to the left and messes up the imaging. If you want good sound stage, you need advanced processing capability, such as time alignment and independent left and right equalizer. Otherwise, not even $1000 speakers will give you a truly good front stage without this. As for speakers choice, either run a coaxial speaker without any other tweeters or a component set, since each was meant to play without help of additional tweeters.

i can prolly do something in that price , for you. it will be ok and new equipment but not better sq equipment . but will be components anda 2 channel ampo shipped to your door.and decent quality
i would hit you up on that offer but i dont have a pay pal

The speakers by themselves will not you a good "sound stage". Sound stage refers to your perceived location of the band when your speakers play. Since in a car environment the left side speakers are closer to you, this shifts the sound stage to the left and messes up the imaging. If you want good sound stage, you need advanced processing capability, such as time alignment and independent left and right equalizer. Otherwise, not even $1000 speakers will give you a truly good front stage without this. As for speakers choice, either run a coaxial speaker without any other tweeters or a component set, since each was meant to play without help of additional tweeters.
which one would sound better?

which one would sound better?
Some people say that coaxial speakers or components with tweeters placed down below in the kick panel can sound good if tuned correctly. I haven't tried that. My view is that component will sound better. The factory locations for coaxial speaker often muffle the tweeter by having it way off axis. Another problem is that having the component speakers with tweeters placed somewhere high helps to raid the sound stage.

Some coaxial offer the convenience or pointing the tweeter up. To have the best stage without major modification, Dash placement may be better than pointing at the other door.

Any cheap set of components from Polk, JBL or infinity will give you acceptable sound if amplified and installed properly.

$250 for component and amp is not realistic unless you buy used. You can probably go with an old amp like INFINITY REFERENCE 475A CAR AUDIO STEREO 4 CHANNEL/CH 4CH CLASS AB AMPLIFIER/AMP | eBay

and a set of JBL GTO 608 C. for under $100.00 shipped that will put you at your $250.00 for both items. but to get a better stage you will have to install the tweeters like in this picture and also go with a head unit like Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS CD receiver/preamp at Crutchfield.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.