Pro audio questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
Ive been thinking about pro audio mids and highs fiberglassed into my truck lid for playing music at the beach and things like that. But I know almost nothing about running pro audio..

I have an AQ120.4 and the front 2 channels will be running HAT components and I want to use the other two for two pro audio 6.5s and two super tweeters.

What do I do about wiring them up? Should I do 2 8 ohm woofers wired down to 4 ohm to 1 channel and then 2 8ohm tweeters to 4 ohm off the other channel? What about crossovers?

I searched and searched and didn't find anything that really helped me..

Thanks

What would you suggest doing? Are the crossovers I would need the same as with component speakers? I've ran quite a few different component sets.

Well I already have my AQ120.4 Just was going to run HAT fronts and didn't have any use for channel 3 and 4 so I though that would be a good idea. Maybe ill just run a set of components in the trunk lid off the rear channels instead of pro audio setup.

Well I already have my AQ120.4 Just was going to run HAT fronts and didn't have any use for channel 3 and 4 so I though that would be a good idea. Maybe ill just run a set of components in the trunk lid off the rear channels instead of pro audio setup.
yea.. that way you can just keep one amp.. how do you like that amp?

why would you mix HAT's with PA stuff? 2 entirely different objectives.

If you are more concerned with getting loud go to all PA stuff. Use the 120.4 to power 4 PA mids and get a 2ch to power the super tweeters.

yea.. that way you can just keep one amp.. how do you like that amp?
Love the amp.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

why would you mix HAT's with PA stuff? 2 entirely different objectives.
If you are more concerned with getting loud go to all PA stuff. Use the 120.4 to power 4 PA mids and get a 2ch to power the super tweeters.
Hats for inside the car.. The PA stuff was going to be mounted on the trunk lid so I can open the trunk at say the beach and have some music.

Love the amp. 

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Hats for inside the car.. The PA stuff was going to be mounted on the trunk lid so I can open the trunk at say the beach and have some music.
OK, that makes a lot more sense. although i have run an SQ and PA set up inside a car, diff amps off toggle switches to run one set up or the other...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.