wanted: amp to power 2 PIONEER TS-W3002D2

Participant count
  • Participant list
Don't have anything to offer except tips since I am running a pair of these right now. Don't have to go by recommended enclosure, I am running mine sealed with 1.3cf per sub and they really love the low notes. I would'nt recommend trying to hit them with max power as they are not rated for extreme excursion. Trust me though they will really do some excursion. I know they are not great amps but I'm powering mine with a power acoustic ovn1-5500d and it seems to work real well with these subs. Only thing I'm not sure about is the current draw the amp seems to draw, really dimming the lights. Good pair of cheap sube that hit rather low and sound pretty good, they are no comp sub by any means though. Hope that helps your decision making. Russ

yea thats what i am planning to do.i have a choice thou...should i get 1 or 2 of these?if i get 1 then its in my budget and i can get a amp to power that in my budget.but if i get two i have to spent a lot on the amp.what do u guys think

i am getting the Pioneer GM D8400M 1200w max shipped for 150.

* Mono subwoofer car amplifier

* 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

also a visonik v800ch model amplifier its a 2800 watt 2 channel amp its about 2 feet long they cost around 600 bucks. and its going for 200$ shipped.2 ohm stable and its 2800 watt peak

any advice

like i said my budget is 150$ i am looking at some in this formus rte now too but not sure what would be best for those subs.what do u have thm with dbeez. i am not sure bout the coil config. the guy said he bought it a couple of months ago with a box..i am guessing its the defult but i will deff ask

i am looking for a used amp..mabe that could help?also are you talking about the Audiopipe AP3002 1500W 2/1 in that case dont you think the Pioneer GM D8400M would be better?if you could reccomend a better one mabe i will be able to finder a cheaper.

thats the reason i wanted to get just one sub..even thou if i buy 2 he will throw in a box with it.but then i need a much power ful amp to power it...which is pushing my budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.