Want to go lower

NuckinFutz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Right now I have 2 10" diamond d3s in a cheapo sealed box, a d1000.1 and a Sony xplod HU.

Basically is how it is now is the more I turn my decks volume up, the more low notes the subs miss. Its like at high volumes their frequency response is narrowed and they don't hit the lower notes. What would be the best possible fix? New subs?

New box?

Or a deck with 5v pre outs?

Thanks for the help guys.

I would highly recommend buying a better head unit. Cheaping out on the "brain" of your setup is just something you should never do. A custom designed ported box will achieve what you are looking for.

I would highly recommend buying a better head unit. Cheaping out on the "brain" of your setup is just something you should never do. A custom designed ported box will achieve what you are looking for.
So I need a new box and a deck? Which would you recommend first? The deck was free from a buddy but some of the buttons don't work so its kinda on its last leg. Would that be more beneficial to buy or would a box help more?

So I need a new box and a deck? Which would you recommend first? The deck was free from a buddy but some of the buttons don't work so its kinda on its last leg. Would that be more beneficial to buy or would a box help more?
I'd honestly get a new HU first, but ideally you should get both

In your case the box would give you more of what you want as long as there isn't anything wrong with your deck's processing. Here is a cheap but, good head unit you could buy Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X396 CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo w/ Pandora Support

I really like Alpines and Kenwoods. Would those be a good brand? And would 5v pre outs be fairly important to better sound
The higher the pre out voltage, the lower your gain on your amp is, which means the amp doesn't amplify it as much, which means it's a cleaner signal. So yes, prevolt outage is pretty important. But if you're getting 5v pre outs from any HU under $200 they're probably not actually 5v preouts. I'd get an entry level alpine deck. They're 2v pre outs, but they still sound good.

The higher the pre out voltage, the lower your gain on your amp is, which means the amp doesn't amplify it as much, which means it's a cleaner signal. So yes, prevolt outage is pretty important. But if you're getting 5v pre outs from any HU under $200 they're probably not actually 5v preouts. I'd get an entry level alpine deck. They're 2v pre outs, but they still sound good.
What about the 4V pre out Kenwood Murph listed above?^^

What about the 4V pre out Kenwood Murph listed above?^^
I'm personally not a big kenwood fan. I love my Alpine deck.

Alpine CDE-133BT In-Dash Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth, USB & Auxiliary

with this you can low pass your sub before the amp AND unlike the kenwood, you can also highpass your speakers so they don't try to play a 30hz note and sound like garbage. It has more equalizer presets, and I prefer the looks and I think alpine's HU's are more user friendly.

I've seen kenwood HU's in action, it takes like 5 minutes to find and play a song from USB, lol.

I'm personally not a big kenwood fan. I love my Alpine deck.
Alpine CDE-133BT In-Dash Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth, USB & Auxiliary

with this you can low pass your sub before the amp AND unlike the kenwood, you can also highpass your speakers so they don't try to play a 30hz note and sound like garbage. It has more equalizer presets, and I prefer the looks and I think alpine's HU's are more user friendly.

I've seen kenwood HU's in action, it takes like 5 minutes to find and play a song from USB, lol.
You are fucking this man for the future. That head unit has 1 set of outputs so in the future he can not install speakers. It also has 2 volts outputs and a cheaper DAC. Woah you get 11 selectable tone curves vs. 8 big deal who gives two shits.

i would suggest box 1st contact someone on here thats going to make a bigger diff than the headunit but you will want to replace eventually.. soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.