Want to go lower

Definitely not 38, that's "fart box" territory, it would sound terrible under like 34hz.
I'm going to try and tell them something like 34 or 35 Hz. I'm paying around 300 bucks for this think so I want it to sound good. To a 17 year old 300 bucks is a lot.

The higher the pre out voltage, the lower your gain on your amp is, which means the amp doesn't amplify it as much, which means it's a cleaner signal. So yes, prevolt outage is pretty important. But if you're getting 5v pre outs from any HU under $200 they're probably not actually 5v preouts. I'd get an entry level alpine deck. They're 2v pre outs, but they still sound good.
This would be true if wattage was only based on voltage, but because watts is volts * amps it isn't very accurate to say an amp only amplifies it based on the preout voltage. Preouts have hardly any amperage to them, and remember that some older headunits known for great SQ had preout voltages of only 200mV

[quote name='NuckinFutz']I'm going to try and tell them something like 34 or 35 Hz. I'm paying around 300 bucks for this think so I want it to sound good. To a 17 year old 300 bucks is a lot.[/QUOTE]
contact @double 07 ;

Why did this turn into a HU discussion?

OP your low bass is not getting quieter as you turn it, your mid/upper bass freqs are taking over. Which is making the lower bass seem quieter. I'm guessing your box/vehicle peaks in the mid/upper 40's freq region.

Do NOT have them tune the new enclosure to 38Hz, 32-34Hz is more like what you'd want.

Why did this turn into a HU discussion?
OP your low bass is not getting quieter as you turn it, your mid/upper bass freqs are taking over. Which is making the lower bass seem quieter. I'm guessing your box/vehicle peaks in the mid/upper 40's freq region.

Do NOT have them tune the new enclosure to 38Hz, 32-34Hz is more like what you'd want.
^^^^ this

That's what happens when you go from a sealed box to a ported box. How are the lows now?
They're awesome! You can really feel them, it makes your hair feel like its standing up.

Im pretty happy with it. Imo it was worth 300 bucks. It looks good and everything. He told me the next upgrade would be some component speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.