Want an awesome box plan for 3 12's in a ex-cab silverado

I would be willing to make it for you... but shipping on a box that big will be a *****, even from only st louis to OK.... how far from st louis are you?

This is somewhat of an idea of what i am wanting to build, i am going to be building it myself. hopefully somehow i can get it done without having to have the middle peice in the port, but if i have to have it oh well, whats a little more work LOL

BTW, sorry about the crappy shot at this done in MS paint LMAO, here ya go:

Box.jpg

this took me for ever LOL

this isn't exactly how the board overlapping has to be, it is just a rough copy of what i am wanting to build it around.

Looks good But use 2 or 4 seperate chambers

much safer. Unless you really brace that up and the port up your much better off jst making it chambered. Make sure the port is very smooth and flows well and has NO TURBULence. Could you possibly try some 8" aero ports Ill make them for cheap nice ones. They do flow better than a slot port with an angle at the end of them No matter what people say.

That puts the 2500D at .5 ohm which will slaughter your electical. Ill buy your dual 4 and you can get 4 dual twos new!. Which will be at 1 ohm. Unless you want to beef the electrical and try to mod it to .5 ohm.!!!

i am going to be beefing up my electrical to run it at .5 and get some good power out of it... should be 625w/rms on each sub... should be plenty loud... and i was going to use all thread to support the box.

i don't like the idea of using aero ports because i am going to have my amp rack on top of the box.

Ok Man but having a bend in the port is not helping you get loud! Make sure its braced with at least 1" all thread if your making it a single chamber. How many cubic feet will that be Net? How much port area per sub?

Ok Man but having a bend in the port is not helping you get loud! Make sure its braced with at least 1" all thread if your making it a single chamber. How many cubic feet will that be Net? How much port area per sub?
what do you mean having a bend in the port? i thought this was pretty much how all of the slot vented ports were, if you know how to get around it or make it better i am all ears. this is pretty much how the box i have now is, and i don't have any bracing at all and have no problems.

i would like to give each sub 2.2cuft for a total of 8.8cuft for all of them, i have no idea what i am doing when it comes to tuning ports ect though.

right now i have Moe Lester's 4.4 32hz box plan on 2 type-R 12's with just 425wrms on each sub and it freakin hammers! if you would like to see which box i am talking about look in the stickied thread at the top of this forum. you will see the thread named "box plans", scroll down to the 4.4cuft 32hz enclosure and that is the one i have now and it makes some serious noise... i just want it a little louder...

i am just wanting a box that is more custom taylored to this truck... 60in across will streach from rear door to rear door with about 1in on each side left... 22in tall will make it come right up to the bottom of the trim under my window... and the depth of the box is where i have to work on my leigh way.

Personally I would do side firing aeroports and then you would still be able to map a nice amp rack on top of the box. If you get what i'm saying... I just mean use aeroports and have then coming out either side of the box. I think the long unbraced slot port you have in mind is going to be very flimsy and weak even if you were to use 1" mdf.

i will only have 1in on each side of the box for the ports to vent the air if i do it that way... i wish someone would just come up with a box that would fit my needs... i just think it would look pretty cool, be easyier to build, and make it easier to use the space i have to have a box like the one i have posted pics of... i don't have enough room to put the ports on the face of it either (beside the subs)... the subs are roughly 13in each on the face of them which comes out to 52inches... the box will only be able to be 60inches in total so with materials being accounted for that would only leave me around 5-6 inches for port area in total.

which one of these configurations do you think would be the loudest? like i said, it will be in the back of an extended cab truck with the seat taken out and it will be right up against the back wall faced forward toward the front seats.

this is what i am wanting, any one of these:

box2.jpg

This is what mobeious has come up for me so far. BTW, thanks for your hard work... were almost there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.