Want a Higher reading: DID 151.2 db

OK. Now you're on the right track!
So how much space do you have to work with? I'm quite confident you'll reach your goals much faster with fewer high quality woofers in a solid and adequately sized box. Plenty of guys can play a 151 with a solid pair of 15's or 18's, 4 12's may be right up your alley also. Look to quality over quantity and you'll be pleased with the results, break less equipment and hold far better resale value for later.
Guess it's time to break out the measuring tape. It's going in a Cadillac Escalade, 3rd row seat removed, so a pretty large area. Was considering Obsidians, maybe Soundqubed HDC3, heard sundown was pretty good quality... ahhhh... decisions decisions

you know op, hispls make some beefy monster subs himself. Along with splaudio.
Great info. Tons of research to do and questions to ask. How are the splaudios in comparison to say SQ HDC3's? I say I don't want to go overboard, but the idea of just (2) 15s doesn't sit well with me knowing I have the money and room for (3-4).

Great info. Tons of research to do and questions to ask. How are the splaudios in comparison to say SQ HDC3's? I say I don't want to go overboard, but the idea of just (2) 15s doesn't sit well with me knowing I have the money and room for (3-4).
2 18s or 3 15s would be right up your alley if you have at least 12 cubic feet of space to give up. if you have more space then that (16 cubes)then go for 3 18s, it would have as much cone area as your 10s right now but with a lot more motor force and excursion. You'll need a lot more power then a hifonics brx 2400 though. Or at least a good quality 2k amp that can be strapped in the future.

splaudio = corey he answered in this thread, he makes custom woofers tailored to how you want it.

try some tantric ld or md woofers. if you want to do quite a few woofers. or you can always roll with an hd hdd or shd woofer from tantric too. lots of excursion and can take a BEATING. good price for them too

HDC3's are a good call for the money. Sketchy quality control IMO but if you don't get a dud they're good performers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.