Walling off my car.

Undun

Hey guys, I plan to wall off my my car in February, march at the latest. I have a few concerns and I would really appreciate some help.

1) I have a 2006 trailblazer and I want to keep my back seats so I'm only going to wall the back. I plan to do 4 15s, mmats pro audio juggernaut. Will these subs preform well in a compact spot? My amp is a SUNDOWN NS1 V2 but I will upgrade to a NS2 or another NS1 V2 in the future.

2) How much can I expect to spend on only the wall? I don't want to skimp on this, even if that means waiting and saving up a bit more cash.

3) How do I measure watts with a multimeter and clamp? I want to see what my NS1 V2 is doing.

4) im in the Sacramento area, does anybody know of a good place that will build me the wall?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome! Hmm...CA. @Jeffdacheff may know. We'll see. So...1st thing to ask and to know is do you have enough airspace in that area? I know trailblazers are slightly bigger than s10 blazers. Take a tape measure and measure out depth, height and width. Also keep in mind a spot to put your amps.

hit up steve meade lmao. JK @mylows10 might know a place

price depends on overall difficulty of the design and amount of materials involved.

Youtube up how to clamp test amps

@Boomin_tahoe thats Northern California. As far as I know, they live in a different planet compared to Southern California folk.

Might be cutting it tight on that cone area with adequate port area.

Expect to spend around 1000$ in materials and that's if you already own wire, distro blocks, and everything for up front... that's just wood, glue, screws, bondo, fiberglass, paint, and whatever all else you need to finish and seal it off. Labor likely will vary based on your area's going rate; I'd figure at least 40 man hours into the job done nice and clean.

Why worry about clamping your amps if you're planning to use Sundown? That's been done so you know how much power they can make.

If you use 3/4 double layered ply that's about 300 bucks with steel rod bracing.

To make the trim panels go buy a big cardboard box and carefully draw cut and mold the outline of the vehicle then use the molds as a guide to trace and cut the wood. Then get weatherproof stripping and put it on the wood where the wood meets the cars windows/head liner. Cut the trim panels 1/8 bigger so when the put the on/in it actually makes a tight fit between the box and car. This is the best way to seal and brace the headliner in one step. After you make all the trim panels and it's all together glass the whole thing overlapping all of the corners/edges up into the upholstery in down into the carpet.

With the glass area the weatherstripping will help seal it so you can just use some silicon on the backside.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']hit up steve meade lmao. JK @mylows10 might know a place

price depends on overall difficulty of the design and amount of materials involved.

Youtube up how to clamp test amps

@Boomin_tahoe thats Northern California. As far as I know, they live in a different planet compared to Southern California folk.[/QUOTE]

Hmm....i c. Well Cali is a rather large state so...lol Wasn't sure your exact location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.