need help on understanding ohm loads :P

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pono76

so ive been doing some research trying to find good pro mids and tweeters, but im also getting stuck on how to wire them and understand if the ohm load and watts for the speakers will be enough for the new amp i just got.

so ive been looking at the brand ds18 speakers

https://www.amazon.com/DS18-PRO-X8BM-8-Inch-Midrange-Loudspeaker/dp/B00SYGF7O6

https://www.amazon.com/DS18-PRO-X6M-6-5-Inch-Midrange-Loudspeaker/dp/B00SYGF80E

https://www.amazon.com/DS18-Bullet-Tweeter-Titanium-PRO-TW210/dp/B00NJTNGTG/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_107_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YFZ6TPMRFZQQ2E6TNMWE

so i basially wanted to run either 2 pairs of 8" mids and 2 pairs of 6.5" mids and 2 pairs of the tweeters on taramps 2000x4

but i need help trying to figure out how i can wire them or what ohm i should get for this amp

and it would help if someone could explain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif sorry im trying to learn still.

Ohm is the resistance to the current.

Ok easy way to say this, drop an ohm load lower than what your amp can take is just like taking a big screwdriver and placing it on both terminals of your battery.

Big motor subs that move a lot kinda don't fall under this ohm law so well. When sub moves it makes its own power and sends back to the amp, amp see this current as a higher ohm impedance known as box rise, can even happen played free air.

Door speakers and especially tweeters will not do this as much and should be kept close to ohm rating of amp.

I see your looking at 8ohm mids and 4ohm tweets

=ohms dropped will always drop by half =ohms raised will always double. Two 4ohms drop to 2ohm and two 8ohms raise to 16ohm

Drop ohms hook 2 speakers up ++ -- raise ohms take a wire and hook +and- to each other (wire just runs from a positive on one speaker and a negative of other and does not hook to amp in any way) now just hook up last 2 unused terminals normal to amp +to+ and on other speaker negative from amp to negative on speaker. You have just raised ohms

Ok dropping and raising uneven ohm loads is kinda weird. A 4ohm and an 8ohm dropped is like 2.68 or 2.86 I forget but I'm sure someone can explain it.

So to make it easy on yourself buy same ohm tweets and mids unless your using separate amps for each.

If your just wanting to drop ohms get the 8ohm speakers as you can use more speakers.

Four 8ohm speaker drop to 2 ohms

Four 4ohm speakers drop to 1ohm.

Components with cross overs may use two 4 ohm speakers but stay at 4 ohms. These are called matched components and you will only drop ohms when adding a 2nd component set.

Hope this helps, I'm really not good at explaining things

Thats the complete opposite AND not needed information for someone just understanding ohms law.

Full range and near full range speakers that are IB or freeair will exhibit very high impedance curve.

This is highly evident from the fact that users have accidentally ran hd5000 1ohm versions at 0.25 and 0.5ohm loads without damage or engaging protection when running mids.

To understand ohms law, go to bcae1.com i believe is the site or just search ohms law.

It also doesn't make any sense to run all 6 speakers on one amp. That means that you plan on running the mids in Mono mode.

Do you not want stereo separation on your speakers at all?

Thats the complete opposite AND not needed information for someone just understanding ohms law.
Full range and near full range speakers that are IB or freeair will exhibit very high impedance curve.

This is highly evident from the fact that users have accidentally ran hd5000 1ohm versions at 0.25 and 0.5ohm loads without damage or engaging protection when running mids.

To understand ohms law, go to bcae1.com i believe is the site or just search ohms law.

It also doesn't make any sense to run all 6 speakers on one amp. That means that you plan on running the mids in Mono mode.

Do you not want stereo separation on your speakers at all?
i also stated if those speakers would be able to run on the amp i have i know any amp can run any speaker but i was wondering if this amp would enough to power those speakers at rms power, and yes all these speaker will run off for one amp and the other amp i have is for the sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.