Volume up, Bass gone!!!!

Marquise

Jul 23, 2010
fort worth, tx
Everytime i turn my reciever up my subs stop bassing....it has just now begun to do this i've had them for about 2 years now and they work perfectly. Its just when i turn it up it goes away. I have 2 12 inch dual subs in box and sony amp 1000w. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

hatedonmostly

throwin' hunnits, hunnits
10+ year member
Jun 8, 2009
Detroit, MI
Make sure you sand the paint off and use a connect that is directly to the body or frame...if you want to take pics of where you're currentlly grounded to, I can tell you if it's a good ground or not.

Jh8909

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jul 14, 2009
Pine Hill, NJ
make sure they are wired correctly, low impedance can make the amp go into protect at higher levels and shut off. but still pay at lower levels.

OP
M

Marquise

Jul 23, 2010
fort worth, tx
ok i just sanded the area where my ground is because the person who installed it didnt..........and when i hooked the ground back up to the amp it was a little spark. now there is nothing from my subs

OP
M

Marquise

Jul 23, 2010
fort worth, tx
no fuses burned out......i grounded one end to the frame then i disconnected the end from the amp to check it and then tried to hook it back up and it sparked just a little

Bad4health

Hymen Removal Specalist
Sep 1, 2009
charlotte, NC
take everything apart from the amp but the + - an remote an turn it on if it doesnt come on then its a fuse or ground or remote problem. sometimes i jump a wire from the + to the remote just to make sure. then go an check if all the wires are connected i no it sounds dumb but they can look like they are connected but not be. an the spark could have been the caps in the amp charging or the amp blowing....

ascitiesburn69

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jul 12, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Well, You could have accidently touched the positive to the case of the amp which is also a ground and would more than likely blow the fuses in the amp. Check the fuses in the amp and also the one under your hood. (assuming you have one of course).....

bubbagumper6

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Apr 25, 2006
The D
how do i wire them to a hire ohm
Don't listen to that kid, he's an idiot. First and foremost, whenever your working on ANY kind of electrical wiring in your car you need to disconnect the battery. Having your positive wire in the amp be live when you stuck the ground back in there is a no-no. Next, I assume you have a multimeter (if not, go spend the $5 at walmart and get one). The easiest thing to start narrowing down what's broken is to check voltages. Check the voltage at your amp, if you still have +12V on your power wire and remote turn on, but the amp isn't turning on, then you know there is something wrong with the amp. If your not getting 12V at the amp then you know there's a problem in your power wire somewhere (probably a blown fuse or bad connection somewhere)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds