Volume up, Bass gone!!!!

Marquise
10+ year member

Everytime i turn my reciever up my subs stop bassing....it has just now begun to do this i've had them for about 2 years now and they work perfectly. Its just when i turn it up it goes away. I have 2 12 inch dual subs in box and sony amp 1000w. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Make sure you sand the paint off and use a connect that is directly to the body or frame...if you want to take pics of where you're currentlly grounded to, I can tell you if it's a good ground or not.

make sure they are wired correctly, low impedance can make the amp go into protect at higher levels and shut off. but still pay at lower levels.

ok i just sanded the area where my ground is because the person who installed it didnt..........and when i hooked the ground back up to the amp it was a little spark. now there is nothing from my subs

no fuses burned out......i grounded one end to the frame then i disconnected the end from the amp to check it and then tried to hook it back up and it sparked just a little

take everything apart from the amp but the + - an remote an turn it on if it doesnt come on then its a fuse or ground or remote problem. sometimes i jump a wire from the + to the remote just to make sure. then go an check if all the wires are connected i no it sounds dumb but they can look like they are connected but not be. an the spark could have been the caps in the amp charging or the amp blowing....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.